Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Any Luck buying used bows? >

Any Luck buying used bows?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Any Luck buying used bows?

Old 11-14-2006, 06:49 PM

Default Any Luck buying used bows?

Looking at used bows on eBay. I know the motto you get what you pay for but I don't want to spend $750 ~ $1000 on my first bow.

I have a few buddies that swear on the Mathews FX as a good starter bow. I have been looking at the ones on eBay. They have been going from $250 to $275 depending on the gear the bow comes with.

Here are two examples -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330048574 075&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=S TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=19005108501 3&rd=1,1

What do you guys think? Anybody use this type of bow?

Thanks
Old 11-14-2006, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any Luck buying used bows?

I have had good luck but know some who have not. I would be cautious as you don't know if it has been dry fired. A buddy of mine bought one and it showed up with a cracked limb.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have a left handedbow ill sell ya
Old 11-14-2006, 08:49 PM

I bought an old PSE used and it has worked great for me all i had to do was shorten the draw back and new arrows and broadheads

Old 11-14-2006, 09:02 PM

I bought an 06 Ultratec used from a staffer in early 06. I had my bow before many who ordered them from Hoyt got theirs, and I paid a lot less. I also just picked up a Proelite. I am waiting on some new stings to really tune it, but the bow is in great shape. I know some have had issues, but I have had great luck, both buying and selling bows. All of this has been on AT, not Ebay.
Good luck,
jmac
Old 11-14-2006, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

why would you want a used bow when you can buy a new one on E bay for $300.00 including a dozen arrows and a stabelizerplus a factory warrantyto boot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOW-FRED-BEAR-GOLDEN-EAGLE-OBSESSION-NEW-RIGHT-HAND_W0QQitemZ320047840840QQihZ011QQcategoryZ20838 QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320047840840
Old 11-15-2006, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out archerytalk.com , Id trust the pepole on that sight more than ebay's , Ive goten some great deals there , look at the clasified section .
Old 11-15-2006, 08:50 AM

Thanks Guys! I've been rifle shooting for a few years now. Want to try my hand at Archery. It also opens up a lot of hunting land opportunities since hunting land is hard to come by in CT. Deer around here in southern CT are plentiful but with a 10acre restriction on using a rifle we are limited to where we can hunt. Now with a bow there aren't any land restrictions that I know of . I'll keep my eyes open for sales here as well.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cough...cough...it depends on who is selling them...cough...cough....

Seriously, it really does. If the person selling the bow has a good feedback rating and has some background in selling bows then I would feel fairly confident in buying from them. One must keep in mind though that not all manufacturers' warranties are transferrable which is, many times, what you are giving up by buying a slightly used model.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:08 PM

I agree with using the classifieds on ArcheryTalk. Fair prices and no overbidding like on e-bay. I bought a 2004 Bowtech Liberty and a 2002 Patriot for about 2/3 of what they were going for on e-bay.

Quick Reply: Any Luck buying used bows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.