Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow rest help

Old 10-06-2006, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Arrow rest help

Hello, I need some guidance concerning arrow rests please. I just got a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter. I was aware of the noise issues of the tab dropping etc. They shipped it with a piece of moleskin to silence the thing. Well according to their instructions, they show the moleskin being applied to the underside of the tab. Now apparently I didnt put enough on and the arrow sometimes makes noise as I draw if it contacts some of the partially exposed edge of the metal tab. Basically what it boils down to is that I am not so fond of this setup and I was wondering what other options are available based on experiences etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 10-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrow rest help

I would buy some new moleskin and remove the old stuff. Then recover the necessary areas and also put some on the shelf as well.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah I will try that, I just need to make sure that moleskin wrapped over the leading edges of the inside of the fall away arm where the arrow slides wont affect flight or anything crazy like that. This is the first time I have used this type of rest so I just want to make sure I dont mess it up, thanks!
Old 10-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Back in business, more moleskin fixed it just fine, they just need to send a bigger piece with the rest instead of the postage stamp size you get originally.