Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest >

"Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest

Old 02-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest

I saw this in abowhunting magazine and I was wondering if it really works. It looks like it might be a gimmick. I went on the website (www.air-rest.com) and they have some video of the rest in action. In theory, if it works, it would completely eliminate arrow contact with the rest but I'm very skeptical. It's expensive too - $150. Has anybody seen it or used it?
Old 02-13-2006, 11:15 AM

Default RE: "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest

WOW, if that really works i think i want one. That would be awesome. I dont like the fact you have to have different inserts. What would you do for the Axis arrows?
Old 02-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow !!! amazing !! unbelievable!!...just kidding. This thing is meant to catch hunters. I find it funny how he has the entire inside of the rest covered in microfleece. When an arrow is fired it flexes to I bet that you will still have some sort of contact with the rest. The walls of the rest just look too close to the arrow for it not too. I have seen this same rest ages ago on here and I believe everyone came to the same conclusion. Just stick with what works and forget these new gimmicks.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw something similar to one of these at a three D shoot. It works on a small magnet in the arrow behind the insert. It looked like a good idea to me. Just expensive.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

i seen that somewhere not to long ago......for the life of me i cannot remember where it was!!i also saw a page or maybe TV show that showed an arrow flexing as it was released and everything in slow motion....very likely the same place i seen the air rest...i cant remember where...TV or internet..but i cant remember for the life of me where....the arrows pics were neat....
Old 02-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually they have fleece on the entire inside because the arrow only levitates in the last inch or so of draw......until that point you are free to clank the shaft around inside as much as a person's clumsiness will allow.

The concept is actually pretty neat and it does work (We had them on some of our bows at the ATA show) It looks like black magic when you watch it work......there was no contact and they are the quietest restsI have ever shot. (Think about it, no moving parts OR contact when fired)

The rest has some issues IMOincluding the workable distance forward and back that it will engage the magnets and allow the arrow to lift and the time it takes for the arrow to fully stabilize would make it probably not the best choice for quick shooting. (The arrow just sort of vibrates within the field when you hit full draw for a few seconds before it settles out)

Overall the concept is cool......but being a first year of production the idea will be improved upon in fututre years and if they address a few things it'scould be arest with serious benefits.

I liked it, brought a smile to my face.....would I put it on my hunting bow this year?........No.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Typical Buck

That's kind of cool. I think. Matt, if you move the bow once your drawn is there any bounce or movement of the arrow?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:28 AM

ORIGINAL: bearklr

wow !!! amazing !! unbelievable!!...just kidding. This thing is meant to catch hunters. I find it funny how he has the entire inside of the rest covered in microfleece. When an arrow is fired it flexes to I bet that you will still have some sort of contact with the rest. The walls of the rest just look too close to the arrow for it not too. I have seen this same rest ages ago on here and I believe everyone came to the same conclusion. Just stick with what works and forget these new gimmicks.
i find it kind of funny that you have no idea what your talking about....the fleece is there in case you tilt your arrow the wrong way and it hits the side.there is no clearance issues at all with this rest...unless you set it up wrong.i have been using this rest for a while now and i will continue to do so.this rest works great enough that im going to use it at the indoor worlds...this is not a gimmick,it works great but untill people open their minds and give one a try,they will just presume they know that the rest doesnt work when in reality they dont have a clue....by the way,im using blazers with this rest and have no contact at all.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:32 AM

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

That's kind of cool. I think. Matt, if you move the bow once your drawn is there any bounce or movement of the arrow?
as long as your at full draw,there is no movement at all....you can push the center of the arrow and watch the arrow flex in the middle with almost no movement at all at the tip....these are very strong magnets.here is a pic of my friend mike and his set up...
Old 02-14-2006, 06:44 AM

this rest will tell you if you have bad form...if you creep foward the arrow will drop.it helps to have a bow with a solid wall or draw stop so you can only draw it so far...if you draw to far back then it will drop or go to the side of the rest.if this happens it is because you either set it up wrong or you have bad form...i have good form and have never had a problem with it dropping.the way mine is set up it has a little more than a 1/4 of creep before it will drop....you shouldnt creep that much anyways.when you get to full draw the arrow will vibrate for about 1.5 seconds(when set up right)....i did a test and tried to aim and shoot before it stopped vibrating and you cant do it.i had to draw the bow to where the arrow was getting ready to lift,then aim and then draw the rest of the way and then i could aim and shoot at the target while it was vibrating...it was only 1/2 of an inch off at 20 yards(not too bad for vibrating arrow)..then i shot an arrow without the magnetic insert and at 20 yards it was only 2 inches low...thats still a kill shot at 20 yards on a deer...i have taken deer with this rest and will continue to use it for hunting...i cant wait until turkey season.

Quick Reply: "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.