Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How to build arrows... >

How to build arrows...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How to build arrows...

Old 04-14-2006, 09:46 PM

Default How to build arrows...

Alright...I'm thinking about starting to build my own arrows....they will be using carbon shafts....but alright...i hear about straight, offset, and helical..i mean they are pretty self explanatory, what the heck is an arrow wrap....and is there some kind of good write up or instructions somewhere how to do it?...I'm just getting into this and I'm a newb at it...but if someone could write up good, detailed instructions, and an inventory of what i would need it would be greatly appreciated...thanks!
Old 04-15-2006, 12:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How to build arrows...

Try this link it will show you about one.

http://www.eze-eye.com/wrapsmain.htm

Here is what I do. I find an old mouse pad the think ones, and flip it on back side. Then I peel the wrap off and lay it face down on the mouse pad. Then, with a shaft, nocked preferably, I do; you line up one end of the wrap with the base of shaft where it meets arrow. Then before you start to roll, you bring the rest of the shaft parallel with the wrap, and then I begin to roll the shaft, adding a little pressure so the shaft keeps pulling pressure on the wrap as I roll it forward. You roll the shaft across till the wrap is completely on. Then I use a rag and roll the shaft around the wrap to make sure the end especially is down good. Then I fletch it! and then cut to length, put the oversert on, and then I am done!

Hope that helps and there are some pictures and instructions in most of the packages.[8D]