Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 what affordable alluminum arrows to build?? >

what affordable alluminum arrows to build??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

what affordable alluminum arrows to build??

Old 08-17-2006, 01:16 PM

Default what affordable alluminum arrows to build??

Aloha Everyone,
Just hoping to get some ideas on some new projectory sticksIm currently shooting Easton aluminum 2216 arrows ( Game Getter II ) cause they were affordable. I orderred as fletced , but cut off the fletches then I wrap and stick on 2 inch Blazers. They also dont use uni -nock , just old style glue on nocks .
So if anyone nows any good ordering sites please let me know. All I want is bare shafts with a uni nock system , so I want Eastons I guess . What were , are your favorite easton alum arrows. Also , my arrows take a beating so they must be strong. Or any other ideas on affordable set ups ???? My Martin has about a 65 pound draw weight .
Thanks everyone,
P.T.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what affordable alluminum arrows to build??

x75's or x78's , either are great and way more consistant than any carbon shaft produced today , and they stay that way unless you bend them , some carons lose spine quickly .
Old 08-17-2006, 03:08 PM

Most of the new aluminum arrows are being shipped with uni bushing already installed I think. So that problem should be solved. What kind of arrow you get depends on what color you want it to be and how straight you need it. I normally go for the cheaper ones because they are plenty good for me.

I have xx75 camo hunters now and they are fine. I have used gamegetter II's in the past as well and they worked fine too. I have even use youth Jazz arrows with good results.

Paul
Old 08-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

One of these days, I just might order me up a batch of aluminum arras to play around with; amazing how everyone pretty much concedes they have SO much better tolerances than carbon... that is, until you bend 'em.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:17 PM

They can bend if you don't take care of them. They can also wear out if you shoot alot, especially with a poorly tuned bow. So can carbons though.

In most cases for the money aluminums have much better quality control. Not so much tolerances, you can get carbons that list the same specs as most aluminums. However you may have a few bad ones in the bunch that don't really meet specs. Especially with the cheap ones. Aluminums will almost always be in specs, even for the cheapest arrows you can find. I shoot indoor spots with Jazz Youth arrows and they shoot just fine for me.

I honestly don't have that many problems with bending arrows and I shoot 2213's which are pretty fragile. Carbons are nice if you accidently step on them or something though.

Paul
Old 08-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Carbons are nice if you accidently step on them or something though.
Or, say... if you've got a three-year-old who runs down to the bag target and yanks 'em out of it at a sideways angle because he's just got to help his daddy?
Old 08-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Or, say... if you've got a three-year-old who runs down to the bag target and yanks 'em out of it at a sideways angle because he's just got to help his daddy?

then i would say you need some carbons for 3 more years then you can get him some arrows to shoot
Old 08-17-2006, 08:12 PM

Yep, they work good for that too. Don't let him pull them from a 3-d target that way though. You can ruin carbons that way as well as aluminums.

Paul
Old 08-18-2006, 05:27 PM

Thanks guys,
I thought I was out dated but feel better now. Uni lock Easton soon to come.