Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 If you wear glasses...  HELP! >

If you wear glasses... HELP!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

If you wear glasses... HELP!

Old 01-09-2006, 06:40 AM
Spike

Default RE: If you wear glasses... HELP!

do you have verlux lens or standard lens? the standard is a lot easier to work with. jim
Old 01-10-2006, 04:42 AM

You could also do what I did. Throw the peep away. Shoot with both eyes open and practice good solid anchor points until you are shooting good. It's not that difficult to shoot without a peep, and it's a whole lot more enjoyable when hunting.

The recommendation you've gotten on shortening your drawlength is a good one. Most are shooting too long and eyeglass wearers will often benefit from a slightly open stance.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:13 PM

Well I can feel your pain. This is what I suggest as I have been a glass wearer since I was 10 and I am 4333 now.

Two appointments ago I sat down with my doc and had a long talk about my eye site and my hobbies. I am not able to do the contact or laser either so this is what we came up with.. We picked out theframes that gave me the bestsight window for me without being too gaudy. Then he took alot of time measuring my eyes and determined the optical center for my lens in relation to aiming point thru the lens. This ended up being slightly higher then the true optical center of the lens and closer to the nose. It wasn't too far off to affect my normal sight. Ialso shoot a bit larger peep than most target archers. Wearing glasses cuts down on the amount light that reaches your optical nerve, so having a slightly larger peep lets a bit more light thru and helps make the target a bit clearer. For me the target is never compleately crystal, so I have learned to compensate by really learning the targets or animals I am hunting so I am able to focus on a different shaded area or bone structure.

Brian
Old 01-10-2006, 08:44 PM

another option that you can try.......the military starting getting Oakley to make wrap around prescription glasses both with the clear ballistic lenses and amber etc. They work great and really increase your field of view to the sides. They basically contour your face and don't leave dead areas. I have some and they work really well for me..........look like the classic oakley wrap around glasses with inserts fixed to the ballistic lense...........good luck
Old 01-15-2006, 10:02 PM

i had that problem i shortend my draw and it helps