Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 wear shooting glasses guys >

wear shooting glasses guys

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

wear shooting glasses guys

Old 12-21-2006, 02:50 PM

Default wear shooting glasses guys

I was shooting my semi auto .22 pistol today at the range and got hit on the bottom eyelid of my right eye with a spark or whatever you'd call it and I'm not gonna lie. It hurt, not to mention it scared the crap out of me. I'm just thankful it was there and not in my eye.

I'm going to have some of those things before I fire another gun.

I never really thought they were necessary but after today I've decided it's not worth risking it.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: wear shooting glasses guys

ORIGINAL: metaldonnieg

I was shooting my semi auto .22 pistol today at the range and got hit on the bottom eyelid of my right eye with a spark or whatever you'd call it and I'm not gonna lie. It hurt, not to mention it scared the crap out of me. I'm just thankful it was there and not in my eye.

I'm going to have some of those things before I fire another gun.

I never really thought they were necessary but after today I've decided it's not worth risking it.
ALWAYS! Shooting glasses, not Sun glasses! Shatter ProofLenses!
Old 12-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

We wear them when we shoot for the very same reason. We've been hit too many times when shooting our pistols. We have several pairs and make the kids wear them as well when they shoot.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Use polycarbonate lenses.
They scratch easily, but they protect better.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always wear safety glasses. Never know what can happen...
Old 12-21-2006, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd be blind right now if I didn't wear safety glasses while shooting, nothing like having a 9mm casehead blow out and shower your face with hot brass and gasses to brighten up your day.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to have a shotgun that was getting pretty badly worn and would give you some pretty good backblast about every other shot. I wear prescription eyewear that is shatter proof, so I personally have never really worried about eye protection, but I know what you are talking about. Pistols are the worst, especially older revovlers. They tend to let out a bit of powder blast when they go off and have a tendency to burn your hands from time to time.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:12 AM

You all wear them with scoped rifles? I do when shooting the ram pole.Flash pan powder burns when it doesn't work right. But not with rifles.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:06 AM

I always were shooting glasses when shooting at the range. The funny thing is when I have shot, many a time in the Army, never had any eye protection.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

I've never been to a range that would let you enter without eye protection.

I am guilty of not always using eye protection while hunting. Gotta work on that.

Quick Reply: wear shooting glasses guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.