HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If you wear glasses... HELP!
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Grnmtn

Default RE: If you wear glasses... HELP!

Well I can feel your pain. This is what I suggest as I have been a glass wearer since I was 10 and I am 4333 now.

Two appointments ago I sat down with my doc and had a long talk about my eye site and my hobbies. I am not able to do the contact or laser either so this is what we came up with.. We picked out theframes that gave me the bestsight window for me without being too gaudy. Then he took alot of time measuring my eyes and determined the optical center for my lens in relation to aiming point thru the lens. This ended up being slightly higher then the true optical center of the lens and closer to the nose. It wasn't too far off to affect my normal sight. Ialso shoot a bit larger peep than most target archers. Wearing glasses cuts down on the amount light that reaches your optical nerve, so having a slightly larger peep lets a bit more light thru and helps make the target a bit clearer. For me the target is never compleately crystal, so I have learned to compensate by really learning the targets or animals I am hunting so I am able to focus on a different shaded area or bone structure.

Brian