Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 NO PEEP ON HUNTING BOW >

NO PEEP ON HUNTING BOW

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

NO PEEP ON HUNTING BOW

Old 01-15-2006, 06:25 PM

Default NO PEEP ON HUNTING BOW

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT NOT USING A PEEP SITE ON YOU HUNTING BOW HAVE ONE ON MY BOW NOW BUT WAS THINKING ABOUT TAKEING IT OFF DO YOU THINK IT WOULD HURT
Old 01-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NO PEEP ON HUNTING BOW

I bow hunted for about 20 years and have never used a peepsite. I have a hard time understanding why anyone does. I can shoot good consistant groups without one. Bow hunting is so different for everyone but theres no rule Ive ever read that says you need a peepsite.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:05 PM

thanks i just want to know that it wont hurt my groups see i hunt hog a lot and when it gets dark it sure is hard to see through the peep site and see the pins but i thank you for your reply

Old 01-15-2006, 09:15 PM

I have been bow hunting sense 1983.Have never used a peep sight.
I use a kisser button and let the string touch me on the nose.Can shoot very consistantly with this method!!I would never use a peep sight!!
Old 01-16-2006, 12:06 AM

Just finished my 32nd year of bowhunting, mostly with compounds Though I've shot very little with a peep, I can't remember leaving one on my hunting bow for more than a few shots. I just don't see any more accuracy with a peep at my hunting yardages, longer than 30 or 40 yards, maybe for me. That said, I plan on using one on my Old Glory for 3d's and indoor spots along with a thumb trigger release and a different anchor. I like VERY much the added visability while hunting without a peep in the woods. I've used the NO Peep and had good luck with it, but no increase in accuracy and more to look at while concentrating on the shot. The No Peep came off too A kisser in the exact spot and served in place works very well for me..
Old 01-16-2006, 12:16 AM

thank for all the replys and i think i will try taking it off
Old 01-16-2006, 01:57 AM

I used to use a peep, then tried the hindsite, and after that the No Peep by timberline. I think the No Peep worked better. I used for a little while and then took it off because I really didn't need it any more. I currently don't have a peep on my bow now and I shoot fine out to 40 yards.

I do shoot tighter groups with a good small peep though, especially at longer distances. I just don't think I need it for hunting distances.

I know people shooting recurves with no sights at all that can outshoot some people with target rigs that have fancy scopes and micro adjustable sights on them. I think it just boils down to how good your form is and how often you practice.

Paul
Old 01-16-2006, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've gotten very used to the no-peep and can shoot well enough without even looking at it. On one of the doesI shot this year I didn't look at it (forgot too) and still nailed her good.

I'm sureI could take it off and do OK, but if I do any tweaking it's nice to look at it and rule out one of the variables that could be throwing me off.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Love that timberline NO-PEEP and will always have one on my hunting bows!
Old 01-16-2006, 05:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Although I can still shoot accurately, ot bothers me to no end tryin to shoot without a peep. Just try it both ways and see what you like.

Quick Reply: NO PEEP ON HUNTING BOW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.