Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 cable twing!!!!!!!!!......... >

cable twing!!!!!!!!!.........

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

cable twing!!!!!!!!!.........

Old 10-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Default cable twing!!!!!!!!!.........

can someone out there help me with my cable twaing each time i release my string there i a twaing that comes from my cable and yoke do any of you have any idea of what i cane do to quite this down....... ps please help
Old 10-09-2005, 04:41 PM

Default RE: cable twing!!!!!!!!!.........

This may or may not help but on my new Allegiance i had string leeches on my string and one cable.for some reason i thought this is not as quiet as i would expect(bye the way i am barely shooting over IBO)so one day i must have been bored and plucked the cable with the leeches and heard nothing,i then proceeded to pluck the cable without leeches and itwas alarming to me how loud the sound was,so i put my Hoyt in my press took out two leeches and installed them in that cable and presto,problem solved.The only problem with this theory is that i changed stabilizers at the same time.I was warned when i bought that bow that that stabilizer may not be the best choicemake what you will of this and hope it helps in some way and good luck
Old 10-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I find it somewhat unusual that you actually hear the twang from the cable and not the string itself. Are you sure you have it isolated to the cable? If so then I think newman's suggestion of adding a string silencer of some style bears alot of merit. I cannot really think of any other solution.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:59 PM

I took some left over whicker material and made min mini mini whickers (menaing very small and short) and tied them to my cables. You have to make sure they don't rube the other cable as it moves so draw and watch what happens. When you look at my bow from the side they almost look like a stair step down toward the riser from the string. Made a decent difference, believe it or not.