Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 It happened AGAIN!!!! >

It happened AGAIN!!!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

It happened AGAIN!!!!

Old 10-06-2005, 07:27 PM

Default It happened AGAIN!!!!

I was sighting in my bow for the 3RD time today, 1st time my peep fell off, second time my string loop slid, and I shot about 6 arrows and my peep fell of AGAIN!!! Anybody know what I should do to keep it in? I heard supergluing it in with a couple drops would work.

The guy where I had it put on tied it what looked tight so i dont know how it came loose.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: It happened AGAIN!!!!

I wouldn't superglue as it may damage the string. What type of peep are you using and how is it tied into the string?
Old 10-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, DON"T super glue it. I don't no if it will harm the string, BUT you sure won't be able to make any adjustments from there after!!
You should be able to serve above and below the peep to hold it in place. If the loop wants to keep sliding, which it shouldn't once it's tight, you can also serve above and below it also.
How are you finding the peep after it comes out, or does it have a rubber tube for alignmentattached to it?
Old 10-07-2005, 02:41 PM

The peep has a rubber tubing on it and it is served into the string. My grandpa told me to superglue it becouse he did it to his and hes been shooting the same string/peep for about 20 years.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

20 years on a string huh!! Well Heck, super glue it in then.

I wonder why none of my strings last more than about 2 to 3 years, and if I could get a loop to last that long, things would be great!! Ya gotta find out what his strings are made of, I want some of that, and find out what kind of materail his loops are made of too!! Surely he's not using the same loop that he put on 20 years ago. If he is, he mustshoot very very little!!
I am having a hard time figure out why your loop is sliding up or down on the string. Once they get tight, moving them is not easy. I've never served above or below a loop, and I've never heard ofanyonesuper glueing them in place. BUT if it works, go for it. Hopefully you'll need a new string at thesame time your loopwears out, because I doubt that you will get it cut off without harming the string!
Old 10-09-2005, 12:24 PM

He shoots fingers on an old bow, I think its a Bear. He only shoots during the season,which is only at deeror squirrels,and he didnt huntwith it for about 3-4 years.

I went and hadthe peepput on for a third time today and I told the guy to tie it tight. It doesn't look like its goin to come loose anytimesoon. He also put a longerpiece of tubing on it so it doesn't pull as much.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:04 PM

Ok, i shot about 150-200 arrows today and nothin fell off or moved. I think(and hope) im good for this season.