Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 3D season, where is everyone sitting? >

3D season, where is everyone sitting?

Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

3D season, where is everyone sitting?

Old 01-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3D season, where is everyone sitting?

I've hit a couple of shoots so far and am also in a 3d league. Most everything is indoors around here at this point.

I've been pretty happy with how I've been shooting so far, still working on things though. I shot a robin hood on a tough kneeling shot at a tourney this last weekend, so that was pretty cool.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I shot a 200 this week, which I am OK with becuase I felt pretty good. I think this is pretty much where I'm at as a shooter now which I don't think is terrible for being my first year. The league average so far is 193 and my average through three weeks is 196.333. Me and my buddy that I shoot with are also tied for third team wise which I'm also pretty happy about. Once I get time to work with my Evo+ a little more, I'm hoping to see a little improvement in my shooting. Can't wait to see how the next 9 weeks goes!!
Old 01-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

What is the scoring system that you are shooting in? I looked at IBO and it appears to be 11, 10, 8, 5. The league that I am in is 12, 10, 8, 5 for a perfect score of 360. Is this common?
Old 01-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

We shoot a 20 target course scored 12, 10, 8, 5 for the league with a max score of 240. The rest of the year the course is set up with 30 targets for a max score of 360. I think this is pretty common? Don'ttake my word for it though.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:15 AM

Hi All - Up here we have the Tri-County 3D Archery League - Every Sunday morning Jan - Mid October. We shoot a 30 target outdoor course with the scoring being 10-8-5-0 so that is 300 for a perfect score. So a 280 is pretty good! Loads of fun and challenging! There are 12 different clubs in the league and we rotate thru the year from club to club! Gives us a great opportunity to mix it up with the other clubs! The average shoot is about 100 archers! Some clubs have breakfast and lunch available so you can shoot the breeze with the other archers! Great time and allot of fun to check us out go to http://www.oldbow.com/tricounty_3d_archery_schedule_2009.htm

Mike -
Old 02-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had a 210 this week which I'm really happy with! I did hit two 8's but I had seven 12's tomake up for. Would like to shoot a clean round yet but we'll see how it goes. Also had the highest score above average for the past two weeks and were currently sitting in third! I love this stuff
Old 02-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Tikka 30-06

I love this stuff
That's what you're going for, having fun, right? Congratulations on the good shooting.

As far as I go, I'm making the best shots of my life right now. Needless to say, it's a good feeling. I'm going to try to shoot a 5 spot round tomorrow night, just for a change of pace.

I don't know what I've done, I'm sure it's a combination of things, but my pin is setting like you wouldn't believe. I'm having fun, I just want to keep it that way. I want to keep moving up and be successful but I don't want it to be like work. I WANT to shoot because I enjoy it, not because I HAVE to. I think there is always going to be the motivation there. My motivation right now, is to win out of Open A. It's doable, VERY doable. If I shoot good, I can win. I'm still at the stage of the game where I'm making some "young" mistakes when it comes to some pressure situations. I'm getting better with that though. Confidence is everything. I just need to leave my head at home sometimes.

As soon as things clear up and the stupid snow melts, I'll start yardage work.

Hattiesburg will be here before you know it.