Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Sitting in a blind, what to sit on? Please help >

Sitting in a blind, what to sit on? Please help

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sitting in a blind, what to sit on? Please help

Old 09-03-2006, 01:14 AM

Default Sitting in a blind, what to sit on? Please help

This year will me my first year hunting whitetail deer during rifle season in Kansas. I bought a ground blind, but im having trouble what to sit on that wont make any noise if i have to move at all. The only thing I can think of is a milk cart, but in time, i bet the pain and numbness will kick in and I would want to get up all the time. What seat do i need to buy to help me out.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:41 AM
Spike

Default RE: Sitting in a blind, what to sit on? Please help

Try one of those fold up camp chairs like the ones made by Coleman. They don't swivel, but they are pretty quiet, cheap, and are easy to carry. There's no way you will be able to sit long on a milk crate. Being comfortable is the key to staying on stand as long as possible.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Try using a nice cushion on a plastic milk crate.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same here...I use one of the bag/fold up chairs.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:49 AM

Try one of those fold up camp chairs like the ones made by Coleman. They don't swivel, but they are pretty quiet, cheap, and are easy to carry. There's no way you will be able to sit long on a milk crate. Being comfortable is the key to staying on stand as long as possible.
I agree. they work great. I use them in my photography blinds, I can sit for hours.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:54 AM

I've had trouble finding something also. My thing is that my blind isn't particularly big and I'm 6'4 240# trying to bow hunt out of it. I've tried out the fold up chairs but their just a little too tall. But at bass pro the other day I found a small tripod seat that folds up and is adjustable and swivles. it was only about 20 bux so I'll probably be giving that a try.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

I usually use one of the metal folding chairs. I like the air bladder type seat cushion you can adjust the amount of air in.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

A 5 gallon bucket works great. Last year I tried a fold-up in bag lawn chair. Worked pretty good with little or no noise.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't get a milk crate because if you are doing a good bit of walking then you will get really tired of carrying it. I use a fold up stool. It is really light and pretty comfortable. It even has a back that will unfold to make a chair. I will check to see what brand it is later when I get home.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Dominant Buck

[align=center]
Bucket Swivel Camo Seats[/align]

Fits most 5-gallon buckets. Tough camo polyester twill covering a 1" thick foam padding for comfort. Unique design swivels 360° without noise. Made in USA.

Quick Reply: Sitting in a blind, what to sit on? Please help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.