Sunday huntung in Va >

Sunday huntung in Va

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sunday huntung in Va

Old 02-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by brewman555
The Sunday Hunting bill SB154 was passed by a 29 Y to 10 N vote.....

I just checked who the 10 that voted AGAINST it were.....and I was real surprised to see that 9 REPUBLICANS voted AGAINST IT.....

And I know a few of these guys say they are for FREEDOM and LIBERTY......

What a bunch of HYPOCRITES.......
I am not surprised in the least that 9 of the 10 that voted against were republicans. In the house Ag committee it has been the republicans that have voted it down year after year. Weird...
Old 02-11-2014, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
On Posted Property:

It is unlawful to hunt without written permission of the landowner and is punishable by a fine of up to $2500 and/or 12 months in jail.

On Property Not Posted:

It is unlawful to hunt any unposted property without permission of the landowner and is punishable by a fine of up to $500.
Which is why I stated in my earlier post, on non posted property, verbal permission will suffice.

I remember back in the day, family friends use to give me verbal permission to hunt their posted farms and there was never a problem. Game Wardens would come by and talk and to see if we'd had any luck that day. Man how times have changed.

I am really excited about this piece of legislation. We can't let our guard down until the Governor signs it though.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 02-11-2014 at 04:18 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Eyedr
I am not surprised in the least that 9 of the 10 that voted against were republicans. In the house Ag committee it has been the republicans that have voted it down year after year. Weird...
I don't understand why they are so against it.

However, I'm proud to say that my senator voted for it and was one of the co-patrons! Thanks to Republican Senator Bill Stanley for standing up for property rights and the working man!
Old 02-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

Senator Stanley did an outstanding job of supporting SB 154 and in defending it especially against Senator Stuart who made a fool of himself.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

Passed 2nd reading in the Senate. If it passes on more reading, hopefully tomorrow, it is on to the Governor. There is rumor that the VaHDA in conjunction with HSUS hiking, horse groups and several others will try a last ditch effort either tomorrow or with the Governor. Kirby Burch and VaHDA will stop at nothing or align with anyone to stop this. Please let you Senator and the Governor's office know where you stand.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

If it gets to the Governor, their last ditch effort will fall on deaf ears. Current Governor is aligning himself for future political aspirations. But, as a caveat, it ain't over 'til it's over….
Old 02-18-2014, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe the bill will be voted on Feb 19 at 8:30 am.....

From everything i'v read on line from all the articles written the bill WILL PASS and McAuliffe will sign it....

Let's hope ALL this is true.....
Old 02-18-2014, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

HB 1237 passed the Senate 27-11 today. On to the Governor. Here is where the anti's can make a last stand so be aware of what is happening.

https://governor.virginia.gov/common...-the-governor/

Last edited by vapahunter; 02-18-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

HB 1237 passed the Senate 27-11 today. On to the Governor. Here is where the anti's can make a last stand so be aware of what is happening.

Thanks for the info vapa....

Letter sent..... "Please sign the Sunday Hunting bill into law when it reaches your desk"...is what I just wrote the Gov...

Please everyone write and Please be polite...
Old 02-18-2014, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yup... It's true folks... I just heard from a buddy of mine. All the hard work everyone has put in paid off!

Barring some twisted, "back room shenanigans", Virginia looks to FINALLY have Sunday hunting!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.