Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Sunday huntung in Va >

Sunday huntung in Va

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sunday huntung in Va

Old 03-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

Just got the word from a very trusted source. As of July 1, 2014 hunting is officially allowed in Virginia on Sunday.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Just got the word from a very trusted source. As of July 1, 2014 hunting is officially allowed in Virginia on Sunday.
Correct. Done deal. Signed into law.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yup... Gov Terry McAuliffe officially signed the Sunday hunting bill for Virginia today, Mar 5th. It will go into effect starting July 1, 2014.

**PRIVATE LAND ONLY**

Everyone please make note of that and tell others. The last thing we need to do is go all wild and crazy, because the anti's will be out in full force over this. Remember that the public land WMA's and state and national forests will still be CLOSED to Sunday hunting (...for now).

But all in all, it is a huge step for Virginia! Woo-hoo!!!!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

Yep, definitely one huge step.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am happy and surprised at the same time. I can't believe it finally passed! However, let us not forget this governor is trying to get on the good side of hunters and make it look as if he is a supporter of the 2nd Amendment.

Evidently before he signed the Sunday hunting bill, he added some personal gun control to HB962 that was on his desk. I won't get into the specifics of HB962 as you can do your own research. We can't let our guard down otherwise we will wind up like CO, MD, NY, CT, & NJ. Here is a link to a post from the VCDL describing what he did.

http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ub...608#Post688608

Last edited by VAhuntr; 03-06-2014 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Evidently before he signed the Sunday hunting bill, he added some personal gun control to HB962 that was on his desk. I won't get into the specifics of HB962 as you can do your own research. We can't let our guard down otherwise we will wind up like CO, MD, NY, CT, & NJ. Here is a link to a post from the VCDL describing what he did.
www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/688608#Post688608
Unfortunately, this is what the gun lobby gets for not leaving well enough alone. It will be a HARD fight for them to get ANYTHING thru this governor that is pro gun. They wanted a definition... they got it, secured got changed to LOCKED. It more-n-likely will get killed. No foul, but definately harm, cause they have now seen a few of the governors cards.... nuff said on this cause I believe this is a hunting forum.... oh yeah... supporting hunters in NO MEANS reflects a 2A supporter. The Va Governor is by no means a 2A supporter.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Alex G.
Unfortunately, this is what the gun lobby gets for not leaving well enough alone. It will be a HARD fight for them to get ANYTHING thru this governor that is pro gun. They wanted a definition... they got it, secured got changed to LOCKED. It more-n-likely will get killed. No foul, but definately harm, cause they have now seen a few of the governors cards.... nuff said on this cause I believe this is a hunting forum.... oh yeah... supporting hunters in NO MEANS reflects a 2A supporter. The Va Governor is by no means a 2A supporter.
I agree with you 100% but I worry some will be fooled into believing he is a 2A supporter simply because he signed a bill that benefits hunters.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations to each and everyone of us who wrote letters....sent emails and went to meetings to get this Sunday Hunting Bill PASSED....Our time and effort has paid off....

It's also a great day for property owners and their rights....as we can now USE our land to hunt on Sundays....something that we should have had the RIGHT to do anyway....

And in a year or two from the FIRST Sunday Hunting season....when the rest of the people of Virginia see that the world didn't come to an end because of Sunday Hunting.....
Hopefully we can get Sunday Hunting for ALL Virginia hunters.....
Old 03-07-2014, 03:41 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
I am happy and surprised at the same time. I can't believe it finally passed! However, let us not forget this governor is trying to get on the good side of hunters and make it look as if he is a supporter of the 2nd Amendment.

]

I'm truly glad he signed it, but do not be fooled he is in no way shape or form a 2A Supporter. Agreed, this was purely a political move on his part. He knew if he vetoed this bill that it would be a career killer for his future political aspirations (ie U.S. Senate/Congress, etc). Now he looks good on paper for lobbyists in DC. Honestly though, I'm just glad we can hunt on Sunday now though.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

But the fight is still not over on this issue. Kirby Burch and the VaHDA are pushing a resolution to each and every county and trying to get them to say they are against Sunday Hunting. They then intend to go to the legislature next year and say "See all these counties and municipalities are against Sunday Hunting so we need to change the law." It will be voted on in Powhatan on March 17. It was delayed due to the efforts of those hunters who have always supported removing the ban. According to Kirby Burch he already has 24 counties in his pocket. Yet many of those counties voted on it with NO OPEN DISCUSSION. Many of those who had open discussions have said NO. So keep your eyes and ears open cause it isn't over by a long shot.

By the way this same resolution was killed by 70% of the legislature in the GA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.