Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Sunday huntung in Va >

Sunday huntung in Va

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sunday huntung in Va

Old 02-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ButchA
Yup... It's true folks... I just heard from a buddy of mine. All the hard work everyone has put in paid off!

Barring some twisted, "back room shenanigans", Virginia looks to FINALLY have Sunday hunting!!!
And dont forget Butch... you can buy your Va License online...
Old 02-19-2014, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm going to Alex... Believe me!!!
Old 02-20-2014, 05:50 PM
Spike

Location: Virginia, near the Rappahannock where fresh water turns salty

Private land only??? What about "public waters"?? Guess the waterfowl hunters got shafted again? Or if the blind is on private property and the fowl are in the air ya can shoot them, the game wardens will have a field day getting ya when they fall in the "public" waters. And your decoys are in the water too, whats with that, ya hunting "public" or private. And legally licensed "duck blinds" have been recognized as private property for ages, even if located on "public" waters, what about that. And what if a game animal is chased across a "public" road, ya gotta let them go or it's a violation as you were hunting "public" land? Interesting times indeed. Anybody has any insight into the "public waters" angle please post some info or links etc...
Old 02-21-2014, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 10 ga
Private land only??? What about "public waters"?? Guess the waterfowl hunters got shafted again? Or if the blind is on private property and the fowl are in the air ya can shoot them, the game wardens will have a field day getting ya when they fall in the "public" waters. And your decoys are in the water too, whats with that, ya hunting "public" or private. And legally licensed "duck blinds" have been recognized as private property for ages, even if located on "public" waters, what about that. And what if a game animal is chased across a "public" road, ya gotta let them go or it's a violation as you were hunting "public" land? Interesting times indeed. Anybody has any insight into the "public waters" angle please post some info or links etc...

I'm not a waterfowl hunter...mainly because I live a little too far west....but would love to get involved. Here are a couple links you might find interesting.

http://www.deltawaterfowl.org/news/a...or-s-signature

Here the issue is discussed by the VA State Senate.....Senator Stanley takes the "fine gentleman from Stafford" to school!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LW5H...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-21-2014, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 10 ga
Did you even take the time to read the bill? Apparently not as waterfowl hunters are directly addressed in it.

I love how people who didn't seem interested in this issue are all of a sudden coming out and complain after all the work has been done. The war is not over. This is the best that can be gotten on this issue right now. If you want more then get to work and get it. Many people have worked long and hard to accomplish this much and will continue to try and get more. Until then this is it.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats to all you VA hunters that worked to get that Bill passed. It's high time these No Sunday Hunting laws are abolished anywhere else they still exist!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody know when The Sunday Hunting bill will be signed into law ....??????
Old 02-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

Soon hopefully very soon.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
It's high time these No Sunday Hunting laws are abolished anywhere else they still exist!
still working on the antiquities here
Old 02-27-2014, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

brewman... HB1237 is on the governors desk as I write this... expect to hear of the signing within a week...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.