Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Sunday huntung in Va >

Sunday huntung in Va

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sunday huntung in Va

Old 02-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

The law states written permission of the owner. If there is a lease for hunting that is good. Technically right now if you hunt on someone elses property you must have written permission with you when hunting.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

Your knowledge if this subject is proven by your comments. You let them speak for you.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
The law states written permission of the owner. If there is a lease for hunting that is good. Technically right now if you hunt on someone elses property you must have written permission with you when hunting.
Well, currently if the property is NOT posted you do not need written permission.....verbal permission will suffice. If the land is posted, then you must have permission in writing.

What my friend is thinking is, you must have permission from the land owner specifically granting you permission to hunt his/her property on Sunday. I'm thinking if you already have permission, then you are OK unless the landowner specifies otherwise.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

I would have written permission to hunt as the law says that way thete is no question if checked by a CPO. But that would just be me. Your friend will have to do what he wants. New laws might mean stricter enforcement.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

The law may change if the bill passes. Here is the current regulation:

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting...teproperty.asp
Old 02-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

Sunday Hunting passed in the Senate today. So a bill has passed both the House and Senate. It will crossover now to the other chamber. If it passes either chamber it then goes to the Governor for signature. Both bills are written exactly the same. Folks it is very close so please let yur elected officials know how you feel about these bills.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Sunday Hunting bill SB154 was passed by a 29 Y to 10 N vote.....

I just checked who the 10 that voted AGAINST it were.....and I was real surprised to see that 9 REPUBLICANS voted AGAINST IT.....

And I know a few of these guys say they are for FREEDOM and LIBERTY......

What a bunch of HYPOCRITES.......
Old 02-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

It seems that the majority of those against it are Republican in both chambers. Same say their stance over the last couple of years is one of the reason we have Democrats in all three major offices of the state especially the AG office. Obenshain has been a very vocal opponent of Sunday Hunting. Can not prove it but when you lose by such a narrow margin it didn't help his cause.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

On Posted Property:

It is unlawful to hunt without written permission of the landowner and is punishable by a fine of up to $2500 and/or 12 months in jail.

On Property Not Posted:

It is unlawful to hunt any unposted property without permission of the landowner and is punishable by a fine of up to $500.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Someone said they heard him on the radio today saying he would sign it. But I agree it aint over until he signs it.
Agreed. He has changed his tone on it recently because he knows it would drastically affect his future political aspirations due to the juice the outdoor, shooting, hunting industry brings to the table on a National level. His advisors/staffers are smart for encouraging him to sign it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.