Va Sunday Hunting >

Va Sunday Hunting

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Va Sunday Hunting

Old 01-12-2013, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
HB 2036 would allow statewide bow and crossbow hunting on Sunday.

Grizzl,

Not a bad idea but if they did that, all the revenue should go to the VDGIF, like the revenue from license sales used to.
Thanks VAhuntr I missed that one.....now let's fight to get it passed...
Old 01-12-2013, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555
Thanks VAhuntr I missed that one.....now let's fight to get it passed...
I would much prefer the bill if it allowed the use of any weapon but this may be a start. I love bowhunting so I'm all for it but I worry that those who do not use a bow or crossbow, will not support it.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would much prefer the bill if it allowed the use of any weapon but this may be a start. I love bowhunting so I'm all for it but I worry that those who do not use a bow or crossbow, will not support it.
I agree...but if this is the ONLY Sunday Hunting bill that's state wide I'm all for it...
But I would much rather see ALL seasons (bow...muzzle...gun) open to ALL Virginia hunters state wide on Sundays....
Old 01-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

will never pay to hunt an additional day. What prevents the charging extra for Saturday so more money can be raised? Eventually the only people who will be able to hunt will be the rich people which are the ones who can hunt Sundays now at preserves here in Virginia.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
will never pay to hunt an additional day. What prevents the charging extra for Saturday so more money can be raised? Eventually the only people who will be able to hunt will be the rich people which are the ones who can hunt Sundays now at preserves here in Virginia.

So, if VA offered a "Sunday Hunting Tag" for $15 or so, allowing you to hunt Sundays you would not do it? I don't think it would be right but I'd pay a little extra to hunt on Sunday.

I hope it does not come to that but I could sure blow more money on other things and not have as much enjoyment.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:00 AM
Typical Buck

So, if VA offered a "Sunday Hunting Tag" for $15 or so, allowing you to hunt Sundays you would not do it? I don't think it would be right but I'd pay a little extra to hunt on Sunday.

I hope it does not come to that but I could sure blow more money on other things and not have as much enjoyment.
No I would not pay it and I would urge all other hunters not to. It would just start a trend that would not be able to be stopped. But that is what I would do. And it is not that I can not afford it I can but many others can not.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

I also would not pay nor support an additional charge for hunting on Sunday.

I'd like to see Sunday hunting passed, but I'm also not in favor of passing it only for bow hunters either.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Spike

I too would not pay. Heck, next it would be for Saturday hunting, where does it stop?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I enjoy hunting too much because I would buy a $15 tag allowing me to hunt Sundays. That would give me about 28 more deer hunting days a year(counting urban archery season).

Now having said that, it's ridiculous that we can't hunt on Sunday to begin with.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sunday hunting should be FREE to ALL Virginia hunters......on BOTH PRIVATE and PUBLIC land.....and open in ALL seasons...Bow....Muzzle and Gun.....

Its already EXPENSIVE to buy a License for all three seasons.......

Having said that if the ONLY way to hunt on Sundays is having to buy a Sunday permit I would buy one.....it adds an extra day to my time in the woods every week....and I feel it would pay for itself just by killing one deer ....and the chance to enjoy another day of hunting....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.