Va Sunday Hunting >

Va Sunday Hunting

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Va Sunday Hunting

Old 01-04-2013, 04:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default Va Sunday Hunting

Another session or the General Assembly here in Virginia is slated to begin soon. After several emails to Del Ware of the sub committee that always kills the bill to remove the restriction on Sunday hunting it is apparent that he will continue to oppose the removal of the ban. He has voted in the past to allow special interest groups to hunt on Sunday but fails to see that what is good for 44 states is good for Virginia. Just from his responses to me he still relies on HSUS and the VaHDA for his information. Please email these people including the speaker of the House of Delegates to let them know that it is time for Virginia to join the rest of the country on this issue.

We need your support to finally get this archane restriction off the books here in Virginia. Do not let a group of hunters side with the anti's to keep the rest of the hunters from enjoying what thousands already enjoy.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

vapahunter....i think i'v still got the email addresses from mailing them last year....guess I'll start mailing them again.....I wish EVERYONE in Virginia that wants Sunday Hunting would call or send them an email....I believe THAT WOULD make a difference....

Sunday Hunting is coming SOON for All hunters in Virginia......
Old 01-04-2013, 06:19 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555

I hope you're right.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VA5326
I hope you're right.
It will if we all stick together and pressure those people that make the decisions on Sunday Hunting.....
Old 01-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by brewman555
But we first have got to change the mindset of the "infamous 4" (Ware, Edmunds, Wright, and Farris), who always kill every single Sunday hunting bill that gets passed to the ACNR!

I boycotted the whole season in protest over SB464 getting killed, and never bought a hunting license. My Remington 870 and my Savage .308 were never fired once and never even came out of their cases!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ButchA
But we first have got to change the mindset of the "infamous 4" (Ware, Edmunds, Wright, and Farris), who always kill every single Sunday hunting bill that gets passed to the ACNR!

I boycotted the whole season in protest over SB464 getting killed, and never bought a hunting license. My Remington 870 and my Savage .308 were never fired once and never even came out of their cases!
DAMN....We need you to lead the charge for Sunday Hunting ButchA....your HARDCORE
Old 01-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

im all for emailing, if you have a link handy to get the email addresses please post it up. I guess the only problem is, im sure these guys are coming from areas where their constituents want this for the most part, so until the people there want sunday hunting they prob wont change their minds. I think it really sucks that they can dictate to the whole state like this. We dont doghunt here but i dont have a problem with them doing it where its tradition, i just wish we could get the same thoughtfulness in return. What would a bowhunting only season like nc has hurt? Of course i would like to see it open to muzzleloaders and guns too but id take what i can get.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mistaken

scottycoyote,

If you think that the 4 horsemen are voting as their constituents want, you are sorely mistaken. Every time they are asked they state, I, me, mine, vice what their constituents want. They look out solely for themselves, their pockets being lined by the special groups that back them and their "hunting preserves" that enable them to hunt on sunday!

You can find your Sen & Del info here... http://leg1.state.va.us/131/mbr/MBR.HTM

Last edited by Alex G.; 01-04-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

The only true way to change the mindset is to make them pay for what they are doing to hunters. there are at least 150,000 hunters in Va who do not belong to VaHDA, HSUS of the Farm Bureau. that is 150,000 voters who have a say as to who is in office. Time to let the movers and shakers like Speaker Howell and Delegate Kirk Cox know how you feel. Same with those who seek office as Governor, Lt Governor and Ag. Go tot heir websites and tell them that you are tired of being a second class hunter in a state whose hunting is being controlled by one or two special interest groups. Time to sstand up and let them know how many really want this change to occur. I am emailing them daily and contact the local outdoor media to sure the qword gets out.

Time for a push to override all the bad information and those who lie and cheat for their own purposes.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Another session or the General Assembly here in Virginia is slated to begin soon. After several emails to Del Ware of the sub committee that always kills the bill to remove the restriction on Sunday hunting it is apparent that he will continue to oppose the removal of the ban. He has voted in the past to allow special interest groups to hunt on Sunday but fails to see that what is good for 44 states is good for Virginia. Just from his responses to me he still relies on HSUS and the VaHDA for his information. Please email these people including the speaker of the House of Delegates to let them know that it is time for Virginia to join the rest of the country on this issue.

We need your support to finally get this archane restriction off the books here in Virginia. Do not let a group of hunters side with the anti's to keep the rest of the hunters from enjoying what thousands already enjoy.
We need to get behind this again this year. Anyone know of any specific bills yet?

Edited to add: Lets also not forget about the impending assault(s) on our 2nd Amendment rights. Looks like Senator Mark Warner will side with gun control and Tim Kaine is an Obama puppet. We need to flood these two with letters, emails, and phone calls.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 01-06-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.