Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Va Sunday Hunting >

Va Sunday Hunting

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Va Sunday Hunting

Old 01-18-2013, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks VAhuntr for posting the bills....and I agree with you about the 2nd Amendment....we need to protect our gun rights first....they are way more important then Sunday Hunting.....
Old 01-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
So are you willing to risk your 2nd Amendment rights to get Sunday hunting approved in this state?
I do not think that they will be able to take away my Second Amendment rights this year or in the near future. If that happens then there will be an uproar in this country that it will never recover from. Using that threat is what the Republicans who are against Sunday Hunting are counting on. How do they tell their constituents like the VaHDA that they will no longer be in office to fight for their Sudnay exemptions if they are no olonger there. It is a two way street as it is the Democrats and the liberals who are out to shut down their pens. Which do our elected Virginia value more. Their office or the dog pens?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
If that happens then there will be an uproar in this country that it will never recover from.
I have a tendency to agree. I don't really see it happening though, but if it does woe to this Nation....
Old 01-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do not think that they will be able to take away my Second Amendment rights this year or in the near future. If that happens then there will be an uproar in this country that it will never recover from. Using that threat is what the Republicans who are against Sunday Hunting are counting on. How do they tell their constituents like the VaHDA that they will no longer be in office to fight for their Sudnay exemptions if they are no olonger there. It is a two way street as it is the Democrats and the liberals who are out to shut down their pens. Which do our elected Virginia value more. Their office or the dog pens?
I think we are pretty safe here too but I don't want to take chances. Do you think people in New York state saw the gun control measures coming that hit them a few days ago? Keep electing democrats and that's exactly what could happen here. Northern VA is full of liberals from the northeast and other parts of the country.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

And this ain't New York either.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

And this ain't New York either.

Thankfully you are right, for now. As we are all aware, VA voters did support Obama, not once but twice and they voted in Kaine as US Senator. Both want tighter restrictions on firearms and IMO, would prefer much stiffer controls similar to what NY just screwed their law abiding citizens with. The rural and conservative areas of our state do not have the population to counter the liberal NOVA vote. I fear it will only get worse in the next few years.

I do agree with you that hunting on Sunday should be legal for everyone and it should be free. To be having this discussion in the year 2013 is unbelievable.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

On that we both agree !!!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:41 AM
Typical Buck

Apparently the new tactic by Republicans is to let the Sunday Hunting bill in the House, HB 2225, die a quiet death without any type of action at all. It will not be referred to the kill sub committee or even voted on/discussed by the full committee or even allowed to be voted on by the entire House of Delegates. This is being done to take the heat off Del Ware. Please let Speaker Howell and Del Sherman know that this needs to be brought up for a vote by the entire House. They can be contacted at these email addresses:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Please let them know Virginia needs to be under the same freedoms that 44 other states have when it comes to hunting.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just sent a mail to each one of them....
Thanks for keeping us informed vapahuntr .....
Old 01-22-2013, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Apparently the new tactic by Republicans is to let the Sunday Hunting bill in the House, HB 2225, die a quiet death without any type of action at all. It will not be referred to the kill sub committee or even voted on/discussed by the full committee or even allowed to be voted on by the entire House of Delegates. This is being done to take the heat off Del Ware. Please let Speaker Howell and Del Sherman know that this needs to be brought up for a vote by the entire House. They can be contacted at these email addresses:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Please let them know Virginia needs to be under the same freedoms that 44 other states have when it comes to hunting.

It's on the Natural Resources sub-committee calendar for tomorrow.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...sub+H010020123

edited to add: They will probably table it or pass it by indefinitely. However, the sub committee(Natural Resources) does meet 1-23-2013 as soon as the full committee meeting(ACNR) is finished.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 01-23-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.