Va Sunday Hunting >

Va Sunday Hunting

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Va Sunday Hunting

Old 01-07-2013, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
We need to get behind this again this year. Anyone know of any specific bills yet?

Edited to add: Lets also not forget about the impending assault(s) on our 2nd Amendment rights. Looks like Senator Mark Warner will side with gun control and Tim Kaine is an Obama puppet. We need to flood these two with letters, emails, and phone calls.
Your right about the 2nd Amendment ....the gun grabbers are gonna try to destroy it.....as far as writing Warner....he's a joke...i'v sent him letters in the past...all you get back is the same old lip service....he's a liberal and ANTI GUN.....your not gonna change his mind and like you said about Kaine.....he's obamas PUPPET.....
Old 01-07-2013, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
The only true way to change the mindset is to make them pay for what they are doing to hunters. there are at least 150,000 hunters in Va who do not belong to VaHDA, HSUS of the Farm Bureau. that is 150,000 voters who have a say as to who is in office. Time to let the movers and shakers like Speaker Howell and Delegate Kirk Cox know how you feel. Same with those who seek office as Governor, Lt Governor and Ag. Go tot heir websites and tell them that you are tired of being a second class hunter in a state whose hunting is being controlled by one or two special interest groups. Time to sstand up and let them know how many really want this change to occur. I am emailing them daily and contact the local outdoor media to sure the qword gets out.

Time for a push to override all the bad information and those who lie and cheat for their own purposes.
Maybe if we could get some kind of ON LINE PETITION that all you would have to do is sign it and it would be sent to ALL the people involved in the Sunday Hunting decisions....just think what kind of impact 150,000 signed letters to these people would make....
Old 01-07-2013, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Petitions? Been there, done that... It doesn't work. It just gets laughed at by the "powers that be" and is not taken seriously.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ButchA
Petitions? Been there, done that... It doesn't work. It just gets laughed at by the "powers that be" and is not taken seriously.
Agree fully with ButchA. They keep saying others want to keep the bill. If they get thousands of emails wanting the restriction removed then they can not say that the majority wants to keep the status quo. Del Ware is so hard lined that he or his consiglieri say that the case has not been made for changing the law. That is funny as the case has been made as far as VDGIF goes and the case has been made using the situation in 44 other states but one small group has them cornered and controlled and they are the Virginia Dog Hunters Alliance. Please if you are a hunter in this country and you would like to see another state have the same privileges as those in 44 other states write Del Ware and Speaker Howell and tell them how wrong these restriction are.

Petitions do nothing but waste time and effort. Floods change an environment in so many ways and they get noticed. Time for the flood to start.

Last edited by vapahunter; 01-07-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Agree fully with ButchA. They keep saying others want to keep the bill. If they get thousands of emails wanting the restriction removed then they can not say that the majority wants to keep the status quo. Del Ware is so hard lined that he or his consiglieri say that the case has not been made for changing the law. That is funny as the case has been made as far as VDGIF goes and the case has been made using the situation in 44 other states but one small group has them cornered and controlled and they are the Virginia Dog Hunters Alliance. Please if you are a hunter in this country and you would like to see another state have the same privileges as those in 44 other states write Del Ware and Speaker Howell and tell them how wrong these restriction are.

Petitions do nothing but waste time and effort. Floods change an environment in so many ways and they get noticed. Time for the flood to start.
I think it would help some if the VDGIF became more vocal on the issue. My former state senator told me a few years back not to expect much until the VDGIF came out in support of Sunday hunting.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it would help some if the VDGIF became more vocal on the issue. My former state senator told me a few years back not to expect much until the VDGIF came out in support of Sunday hunting.
You would think those that pass the bills would listen to the VDGIF....
do they understand that they are the Virginia Department of GAME and INLAND FISHERIES....it's in their name....GAME...I'm sure the VDGIF know what's right for deer hunting .....more then the guys that are voting on it...and if the VDGIF wants Sunday Hunting then the bill should pass...
Old 01-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Spike

Will definitely be sending out my emails and letters, will even try to email every day. It's stupid that they even have the hunting ban in place, and now trying to get rid of our guns? Wow.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555
You would think those that pass the bills would listen to the VDGIF....
do they understand that they are the Virginia Department of GAME and INLAND FISHERIES....it's in their name....GAME...I'm sure the VDGIF know what's right for deer hunting .....more then the guys that are voting on it...and if the VDGIF wants Sunday Hunting then the bill should pass...

Don't forget, we are talking about politicians here.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't forget, we are talking about politicians here.
Your right...and they ALWAYS know what's BEST for us....
Old 01-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do any of you guys know what the Sunday Hunting bill number is....?????

I look on the Va general assembly web site and couldn't find any info.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.