Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Va Sunday Hunting >

Va Sunday Hunting

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Va Sunday Hunting

Old 01-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555
Do any of you guys know what the Sunday Hunting bill number is....?????

I look on the Va general assembly web site and couldn't find any info.....
Can't find any either. I think they have until January 19th to introduce bills though.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks VAhuntr.....
Old 01-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Spike

Until we start voting these old fuddy duddy ultra conservatives out of office that keep shooting down our bills to lift the ban, nothing will change. When they see that they start losing votes it may sway their opinion on the matter. Time to start at the grass roots and have Delegate Ware voted out of office. Just get 1 or 2 voted out and the others may start to pay attention.

Lots of letters, lots of phone calls and a lot of emails also helps.

Lets see if we can get a bill number to reference and start referencing it in these calls and emails.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:35 AM
Spike

Suggestion for you Va Hunters.
1) Offer up a SUNDAY Hunting TAG for $15

Say you'll agree to BUY a permit to HUNT SUNDAY (Most of you guys would pay $15 wouldn't you?)

Offer these polititions some REVENUE to offset the opponents lobby $$ you *MAY* get thier attention.

Shoot..they did it with bonus tags....
Old 01-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grizzl

Say you'll agree to BUY a permit to HUNT SUNDAY (Most of you guys would pay $15 wouldn't you?)

Offer these polititions some REVENUE to offset the opponents lobby $$ you *MAY* get thier attention.

Sux to do that, but it ain't a bad idea!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:10 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Grizzl

Why should we pay more for what we are already paying for the other 6 days a week. Sorry that idea has been brought up and shot down so many times it is ridiculous. After that tag gets approved what is preventing them from raising the fee to $20 the next year and $25 the following year. We here in Virginia have seen price increases several times lately with no corresponding increase in hunting opportunities. As a matter of fact many State Parks are slowly being placed in a No Hunting Status due to the anti hunting groups that have their foothold into many of our politicians. No way would I pay an extra fee for what I am already paying fees to be able to do.

Time for the politicians and the leaders of the Republican party to feel the heat for their blatant disregard for what the majority of the hunters in Virginia want. Why pay more and get less.

I know if my legislatures vote against it I will vote for any opponent that they have.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:05 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Why should we pay more for what we are already paying for the other 6 days a week. Sorry that idea has been brought up and shot down so many times it is ridiculous. After that tag gets approved what is preventing them from raising the fee to $20 the next year and $25 the following year. We here in Virginia have seen price increases several times lately with no corresponding increase in hunting opportunities. As a matter of fact many State Parks are slowly being placed in a No Hunting Status due to the anti hunting groups that have their foothold into many of our politicians. No way would I pay an extra fee for what I am already paying fees to be able to do.

Time for the politicians and the leaders of the Republican party to feel the heat for their blatant disregard for what the majority of the hunters in Virginia want. Why pay more and get less.

I know if my legislatures vote against it I will vote for any opponent that they have.
Suit yourself but it's NOT ILLOGICAL...Money BUYS you the permission to hunt. Without it..you don't get to hunt. As for State Parks, there is STILL HUNTING..it just RESTRICTS it to FEE PAYING, Qualified Archery Groups who PAY THE PIPER to hunt under thier rules...AGAIN..MONEY TALKED..these groups insure themselves from liability and adhere to STRICT rules and the clubs DON'T LET JUST ANYBODY IN.

I've lived and hunted Virginia for 50 Years...I've seen the regs change to chase money so why not use money as bait to get what you want. PRINCIPLE won't tag a deer on Sunday.

Good luck!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Link to a few bills on the VDGIF site.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/legislation/
Old 01-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Two hunting bills and neither bill is for STATE WIDE SUNDAY HUNTING....WHAT BS....
Old 01-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555
Two hunting bills and neither bill is for STATE WIDE SUNDAY HUNTING....WHAT BS....

HB 2036 would allow statewide bow and crossbow hunting on Sunday.

Grizzl,

Not a bad idea but if they did that, all the revenue should go to the VDGIF, like the revenue from license sales used to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.