Dominant Buck

Default RE: Florida rut???

Nice Deer,
Where was taken from?
Chuck7
Old 12-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Spike

He'd kill me if I told but think NASCAR and Spring Break. Here's the 10pt he got recently also. He has a public land spot that he has been hunting for many years and has itfigured out.He took me there before but I didn't get anything. Most of the deer have to be floated out.

John

Old 12-27-2005, 04:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey...that's encouraging he got that on public land. And no ....We wouldn't expect you to reveal the spot maybe just north or central Florida.I do all my hunting in the Green Swamp except for 2 out of state expeditions.Great deer though. I stuck my stand in an oak tree yesterday and I don't plan on sharing my spot as well. I'll be in it tomorrrow. My son leaves for the army today and I need to be here with him today.
God bless you,
Chuck
Old 12-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Spike

Chuck,

Tell your son congrats for signing up. What field will he be getting into?

I've been in the Coast Guard for about 25 yrs. When I started to join upin 1980, I only planned on doing one hitch. Not sure what happened though. I guess I liked what I was doing (CG aviation)and didn't have anywhere else to go on the outside. I was 19 at the time, goofing around on the beach when I decided to sign-up. Turned out to be a great career.....so far!

I'mstationed in Oregon at the moment but getting transferred to Wash DC. I have to leave in about 2 weeks.I was thinking of stopping by my bro-in-laws farmin Pensacola for a2 day hunt.I'll probablybe stopping by Daytona to see my folks. They're getting older and I haven't seen them in a year or so.I might even try to sneak in a hunt whilethere.

It would be nice to make a harvest as I got skunked here in Oregon this year. No deer,elk or bear. Did great last year.

Take care and good luck on your new hunting spot.......John
Old 12-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Chuck,

Tell your son congrats for signing up. Thanks John.What field will he be getting into? Military police in Missouri {Army}He flew out today. Got some great deer hunting on his post in Ft. Leonard Wood.

I've been in the Coast Guard for about 25 yrs. When I started to join upin 1980, I only planned on doing one hitch. Not sure what happened though. I guess I liked what I was doing (CG aviation)and didn't have anywhere else to go on the outside. I was 19 at the time, goofing around on the beach when I decided to sign-up. Turned out to be a great career.....so far! Yeah the military is doing a great job taking care of their own. I was infantry and then promoted to the White House honor guard in 78 under President Carter.

I'mstationed in Oregon at the moment but getting transferred to Wash DC. I have to leave in about 2 weeks.I was thinking of stopping by my bro-in-laws farmin Pensacola for a2 day hunt.Great place to hunt.I was looking at Eglin this year but was invited by someone on here to hunt in MO . I was blessed with an 8 point. I'll probablybe stopping by Daytona to see my folks. They're getting older and I haven't seen them in a year or so.I might even try to sneak in a hunt whilethere.

It would be nice to make a harvest as I got skunked here in Oregon this year. No deer,elk or bear. Did great last year. Well I hope you get one my friend. I'm actually looking for some hogs. I flushed a bunch up around my area last week and found a pretty cleared out spot deep into a the swamp. We'll see what happens.

Take care and good luck on your new hunting spot.......John

Thanks John
Chuck7
Old 12-30-2005, 02:10 PM

Couple more of big red's rubs..I got one more wk. to get another crack at him.
My luck I'll be using my .54cal. flintlock I made this past summer and it will mis-fire..if so I'm givin it up.
That rub with the flintlock starts at my waist and the cut marks are at shoulder height. The flintlock has a 38"L barrel.

here's one with my 08

Old 12-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Coastie John

I've been in the Coast Guard for about 25 yrs.

I was in for5yrs (4yrs and 1 Ext.). 1958-1963 Eng 2 class

1yr on the Primrose (intercoastal bouy tender)Corpus Christi,Texas

TDY at US Coast Guard Boot Camp, Alamida, California

TDY on Cargo Ship Kukui

3yrs on the Blackhawk (sea going bouy tender) Honolulu, Hawaii

TDY at Clark Airforce Base, Angeles, Philipppines

TDY at US Coast Guard Air Station, Cavite, Philipines

1yr at a (loran station) Talampulan, Philippines

2wks at a (sea, air rescue station) Saint Petersburg,FL and Discharged

I had 3yrs in the Army and reenlisted in the Coast Guard!

Sea Going Buoy Tender

Old 12-30-2005, 03:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Intercoastal Bouy Tender

Old 12-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Spent 3 months TDYon the Cargo Ship Kukui in Hawaii waiting for the Blackhawk to return from West Pack.
It tied up in front of the Blackhawk at Sand Island Coast Guard Base, Honolulu,Hawaii.

Old 12-30-2005, 11:29 PM
Spike

Rebel Hog,

What do you know, another Coastie out there. Actually, I think there is at leastone otherCoastiethat posts here also. I was at St Pete and Clearwater in 1981-83. If you're still into the CG life andaren't aware of this CG site,here is a link that you might find of interest.A few folks in during the50s-60's post on here. Lots of CG related discussions.

Good luck chasing the beast making the rubs.

John

http://forums.military.com/eve/ubb.x/a/cfrm/f/67919558

Quick Reply: Florida rut???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.