Florida rut??? >

Florida rut???

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida rut???

Old 12-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Florida rut???

This is water going across the trail . I have 4 nasty spots like this to cross before I get to my final destination. Darn file to large. Here is another picture instead.

Old 12-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Sorry fellows. The files are too large. Anyway...I think this place should better my odds for the Green Swamp. I saw no signs of man there. This place is hard to get to and 2 miles . If I get a big one I may be calling one of you to help me get it out of the swamp.Well here is another pic to show water going over one of the off roads.

Old 12-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Dominant Buck

FOR CHUCK

Old 12-23-2005, 03:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Reb,
Running late buddy...gone huntin.
Chuck7
Old 12-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

those are some nice pics. thanks for posting them. i'm going to try and go out there sometime after the 1st of the year. i'm not going to have time before then.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks,

I had better ones but the files were "too big"

Thursday a hunter checked in a nice 8 point that field dressed 158 1/2 pounds.

So now up to date DEER 12 HOGS 52 at the Rockridge checkin

I have a real bad cold and tried hunting yesterday. I heard hogs while it was dark but around 9:00 I started sneezing so I got out of my stand. I locked my Summit up out there. Where I hunt I have seen no human signs.
The water has gone down alot . I'm only hunting about 1 1/2 from the checkin station . But I'm a good mile off the road. 30 min. walk.
Chuck7
PS I plan to go next Tues ---Thursday. The gate is 40 minutes from my house. I fish on Mondays and Fridays at Tenoroc. Specks are biting.

Old 12-25-2005, 10:14 AM

As I said in an earlier post..something has happened to the deer population in Green Swamp..I don't know if Swift Mudd employee's are killing them..the hog trappers..both have unlimited anytime access to the area..or if they are just being poached out by boadering land owners who have the only access to lots of Green Swamp land..or a little of all, but the deer are getting killed out and not going through the check station anymore. Just a little over 20 bucks at the 471 station when it used to be in the 90's at this time.
There's still some good ones in there..I hunt it just about every day..not like I used to due to heart problems, but still get a mile or so from vehicle. This is one of the rubs the buck my 7-30Waters missfired on.
Stay away from powder if you don't have 4wd. All other roads are ok. You can't get down Strand Hammock Rd...the nice people at Swift Mudd plowed it up just before the season..can't ride a bike or walk it very far.. any farther than where Levi crosses it..the bike tire will sink up 2".
I heard they killed a big heavy mass 16pt. at Richloam and have it's picture at the check station.

Old 12-25-2005, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ifly

I heard they killed a big heavy mass 16pt. at Richloam and have it's picture at the check station.
yeah it's a real monster. the last time i was out there they didn't have the pics out. it's a really nice deer to say the least.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:33 PM
Dominant Buck

There was a nice 8pt. 158lb deer checked in the Rockridge side of the Green Swamp last Thursday. I'm also hunting about 1 1'2 mile off the road this side of the river. toward the checkin station. Been hearing hogs but still no shot. I wouldn't mind meeting one of you guys out there befor ethe season is over. I'll be out there tomorrow around 5:20AM MOn. morning
PS Real nice rub Ifly

Chuck7
Old 12-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Spike

Here's8pt a friend got in Fl. Got the pic tonight. He got bigger 10 also. Hope it loads.

John

Quick Reply: Florida rut???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.