HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Florida rut???
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Florida rut???

Chuck,

Tell your son congrats for signing up. Thanks John.What field will he be getting into? Military police in Missouri {Army}He flew out today. Got some great deer hunting on his post in Ft. Leonard Wood.

I've been in the Coast Guard for about 25 yrs. When I started to join upin 1980, I only planned on doing one hitch. Not sure what happened though. I guess I liked what I was doing (CG aviation)and didn't have anywhere else to go on the outside. I was 19 at the time, goofing around on the beach when I decided to sign-up. Turned out to be a great career.....so far! Yeah the military is doing a great job taking care of their own. I was infantry and then promoted to the White House honor guard in 78 under President Carter.

I'mstationed in Oregon at the moment but getting transferred to Wash DC. I have to leave in about 2 weeks.I was thinking of stopping by my bro-in-laws farmin Pensacola for a2 day hunt.Great place to hunt.I was looking at Eglin this year but was invited by someone on here to hunt in MO . I was blessed with an 8 point. I'll probablybe stopping by Daytona to see my folks. They're getting older and I haven't seen them in a year or so.I might even try to sneak in a hunt whilethere.

It would be nice to make a harvest as I got skunked here in Oregon this year. No deer,elk or bear. Did great last year. Well I hope you get one my friend. I'm actually looking for some hogs. I flushed a bunch up around my area last week and found a pretty cleared out spot deep into a the swamp. We'll see what happens.

Take care and good luck on your new hunting spot.......John

Thanks John
Chuck7