Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Some coyote Questions help???????

Old 02-13-2004, 04:14 PM

Default Some coyote Questions help???????

I am wanting to start hunting coyotes. What do i do? where do i do it?
im just asking what are the Basics??????
Old 02-13-2004, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Some coyote Questions help???????

If you've never been calling before, I'd suggest renting or buying a good predator calling video and watching it first. One of the best, if not the best is Randy Andersons #2 video. It has very good instructional and lots of action, 4 hours worth of action. Then, buy yourself a distress call of some sort, most on the market will work, if you use them correctly. Then, find an area that you know there are predators around often, sneak into the area, have full camo on, including face and hands, get confy and start to call and be alert. Stay put for at least 15 minutes, although they may show up in 15 seconds. Nothing shows, move 1/4 mile or more, and do it again. A beginner will learn sooo much by watching a good video, or going with someone that knows how already, so that would be your first step to success. IMHO
Coyotes are, IMO, the wariest, craftiest, smartest critter to hunt. They are very quick to see movement and will not stand around trying to figure out what the movement is. Their nose is way above and beyond the nose of a deer. And they are very good about pinpointing the source of sound. So, get some instructional on how to do it, above and beyond someone telling you how to do it, and then you can expect success.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:40 AM

Default RE: Some coyote Questions help???????

good information there. i have to agree that the coyote is one smart animal.