Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

08-09 predator score sheet

Old 01-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 08-09 predator score sheet

great news for team 3, i managed to miss to yotes today. i need to be more pacient and wait for better shots......
Old 01-11-2009, 12:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great lookin fox BHW! congrats
Old 01-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another really nice pic. bhw!! I've never called at night, I enjoy my sleep too much I guess!
I teamed up with a local friend in whats known as the Mid-west calling championship contest this weekend. We lost access to a ranch that we had intended to hunt, and hunted last year, so last weekend, it was a scramble to find places to call. Thought we'd do pretty good, but didn't have the action we had hoped for. Of course, isn't that the case so often. We did manage to see 9 coyotes, all of which came to the call. Killed 4, one with a shotgun, badly wounded one, again with the shotgun, and really should've killed 8 of the nine. Poor shooting![:@]Of the 4 we got, I got 2 and my partner got 2. We didn't even go back for check in, as we had decided that 6 was our minumum for making the long trip, figuring that it would take 6, probably 7 to place in the money. Haven't heard the results yet though. Had a stroke of unbeleivable luck, one of mine was a kill shot on a runner at a lazered 432 yards with my .204. Luck, nothing but luck[8D]. But then I had a stroke of bad luck and hit a strand of barbed wire that was between me and a standing coyote that was held up at 300 yards.[:@]Got lots of good excercise! SO, I guess, there's always next year to get in the money.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice going fellas, I was out of town for a few days for business. We have a blizzard rolling in tonite, I may sneak out here if the moon pokes out from behind the clouds an do a lil pre-storm calling tonite....
Old 01-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

Good killing, Howler. We have a contest coming up on the 24th and 25th of this month. Hope to find some partner that can actually make it this time. 7 coyotes won it last month.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:33 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

That's about a season's worth here in NY!!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Way to go JRBhunter!!!! Thats an awesome week. Where in Indiana are you located?

Also, I just realized that I sent an email last week to a JRBhunter in regards to the IPC and based on the website in your signature line, Im guessing I sent the email to you.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks outdoorsman, it's been a good run for me lately. I'm now approaching 50 called/killed predators since season opened on the 15th of October. I'm from South Central Indiana-a few mile fromLouisville Kentucky. Down in the hills & hollows.

I'm heading to Central and Northern state this weekend... which is much easier calling country. I travel across most of the state throughout the winter months in search of coyotes. Since I can't overcome Howler with a target rich environment- I'll just have to do it with raw talent! LOL!

PS: Not sure about an email from last week... but yeah I run the Indiana Predator Challenge. The contact email for the hunt is - [email protected] or visit the website at www.IndianaPredatorChallenge.com
Old 01-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

Well good luck to US jb, should be a good weekend up this way. we just got a bunch of snow, and will be a little frost on the pumpkins. The wife don't like when we get good cold weather, and snow this time of year, she knows I'll be gone.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

50 is alot, congrats on almost getting there. And if you are looking for an additional hunter on a weekend let me know. Thanks for the email as well JRBHunter!!!

Quick Reply: 08-09 predator score sheet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.