Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

08-09 predator score sheet

Old 12-12-2008, 09:04 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 08-09 predator score sheet

ORIGINAL: Pure Predator

out...

Congrats, on the coyote BHW.... Hey... On your FoxPro... Did you put that illumination tape on the antena.. Mine doesnt have that... Good Idea... It can be a nightmare trying to find it...
Yes, I did! I could never find mine either. One night, I had the speaker switch "off" by accident and it took me over 1/2 hour to find the call. The next day, I put the reflective tape on!
Old 12-13-2008, 11:31 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Rammer... Nice shooting and way to rack up our team # 3 points (we should have 50 more as I'm credited for 3 instead of 4)

BHW
Old 12-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

(we should have 50 more as I'm credited for 3 instead of 4)
Thanks for pointing that out. My fault and don't know how I missed it. BUT got'er right now, I think!![8D]
Old 12-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks BHW. I'm jealous of those reds you get! I've been trying for years to get a real nice red for a full body mount, just can't get it done. No dogs for me the last couple nites, winds blowing like crazy, snowing, and a high of -8 for the next few days....
Old 12-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

Old 12-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

The storm broke late this morning, and I had to go out, even though I made 3 phone calls looking for someone to go with me and I got 3 different excuses why no one could go. I think they're all a bunch of wimps, after all, it got up to a balmy 2 degrees, and with fresh snow, it don't get much better.

First stand and after only one series on long range tweety, had this nice light colored male come in. Nothing else spotted here.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice going #40 and Howler!

Howler, my phone never rang, I woulda gone!
Old 12-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went to the ranchers house that owns the property where I shot the 1st coyote. Must of visited for an hour. He's 74 and lives alone, so I think he enjoys a visitor every now and then. So after visitin', he told me I should go out behind his house and try, even though his cattle were back there. He told me they shouldn't bother me. Well, after my 3 series on long range tweety, I had about 60 head of cattle with in 50 yards, behind me. SO I decided just to sit tight for a few minutes, and sure enough, another nice darker male came in. You can see all the cattle in the back ground. They lost interest once I got up and walked to the coyote.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Headed on down the road further from home, and spotted a coyote in a wheat stuble field, about 200 yards from a house. I had often thought about stopping to ask permission at this place, but never had. Well, seeing a coyote was enough to make me stop and ask. Got the "go ahead" and went about a mile from the last place I had seen the coyote. Did a stand, and nothing. Guessing that I may be too far away for the coyote to hear me, I got up and moved a strong 1/4 mile closer. Sure enough, after a couple series on tweety, coyote popped up in front of me. Actually caught me moving and I didn't get it stopped until it was about 150 yards out. Dropped it and got back on the call. Another series or two, had another roll in, fast. It ran right by me about 40 yards and I couldn't get it to stop for nothin. It finally slowed down a little about 100 yards out and I got lucky and dumped it too. And that was the last of my action. Did three more stands and only spotted one other coyote, and it swung way out on me, and never offered a shot.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Howler, my phone never rang, I woulda gone!
I knew there was some one I was forgetting!! I promise, I won't do it again!! The huntin' wasn't that good anyways!

Quick Reply: 08-09 predator score sheet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.