Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

08-09 predator score sheet

Old 01-14-2009, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 08-09 predator score sheet

Yodeldog, it's definately going to be cold enough where I'm heading! Real temps: High of -1 and a low of -12 with 20mph winds. Windchills dipping down to 30/35 below zero. I hope the coyotes are moving... need to make this long & dangerous journeyworthwhile!!!

Finally found a picture of Saturday's animals withmygun in the picture. I guess this edges us a little closer to Howler... but we have a LONG WAYS to go if we're going to catch up and pass him. Keep after them Yodeldog3!!!!

Old 01-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

Looks like a great day JRBhunter. Congrats. though I wont be in the minus temps, it will still be freezing cold in southern IN. Good luck this weekend.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to fellas. Been too cold for me to go out, it was -39 without windchill here this morning. Didn't know if I trusted my diesel pickup to get me around......
Old 01-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

shot this female yesterday late afternoon rabbit squeeler 200yards with the .204

Old 01-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bummer I didn't know you were putting teams togather for yote hunting or I would have jumped in. Here is the yote I busted back in Sept.. Walt
Old 01-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

Woo hoo for me! First time "confirmed" night coyote kill. When I started lip squeaking after seeing it a 150 yards or so out, I didn't think it was going to stop long enough for me to take a shot. Hit it in the throat and the bullet road along the spine tearing up about half of its back. After shooting this one, I had about a 10 minute howling contest with another one that was about 200 yards across the river. He never showed up though.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

#40 fan I can't tell fromt he picture but is that a customized Savage?
Old 01-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, it is. It started out as a Savage Target Action. Added a Shilen barrel and Stockade stock.

This mornings fun.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good job guys. I'll get some points added, and at this point, it looks like it still anybodys game.
No trigger time for me this weekend. Yesterday I went with a friend to look at some new country. We managed to get in 6 stands, and he got his first bobcat. Cool thing is that his two boys were sittin' right beside him and got to see the whole thing. I was sittin' in the wrong spot. Never saw it coming and a bought jumped out of my skin when he shot.

Thought I'd share the pic. even though I didn't shoot it, since not many bobcats are takin' in this part of the country.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

Crazy that it happened to you, the bobcat thing.

Tonight, I spent two hours trying to get a bobcat in close enough to hit with the shotgun. I didn't want to blow it all to hell with the .243 AI. I have been in this spot numerous times during the day and late evening and never seen one before. When I first saw it, I was thinking it was a dumb grey fox, but it hung out there for a long time. It would kind of sneak in, then go out. Finally got a good look through the scope and saw what it was. Easily could have killed it about 80 yards out, but still, my thought was to save the hide. It circled us then dissapeared and I would drive around until I spotted it again. Watch it for a while come to the call, then it would be gone again....and again....

Friday, I will be more prepared with a little less explosive round.

First time I have ever seen one in the wild too.

Quick Reply: 08-09 predator score sheet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.