Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Anyone else videoing your predator hunts

Old 06-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone else videoing your predator hunts

I've been in front of and behind the video camera and really enjoy being behind it as much as being in front of it. The best part of the hunt is watching them come to the call, doesn't matter if I have a gun or video camera.
Anyone else here be doingany videoing?
Old 06-10-2007, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone else videoing your predator hunts

Anyone ever watch any of the Verminator videos?
Old 06-10-2007, 08:55 PM

weve tried, but failer miserably. lol we either suck at calling (although its an ecaller) or dont know how or where to setup.

o well regardless, ill be out there with my new sweet Savage 12 BVSS .22-250 WITH a camera this summer.

I agree that being behind the camera is as rewarding as behind the gun. i had a blast the last weekend of turkey season and didnt even bring my gun. icalled in a tom for my friend, and videoed the whole thing.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:37 AM

I record some hunts, I have some Deer and other stuff on film. Can't wait till I get a kill on tape.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

TEembry, don't give up on the calling. It can be frustrating at times, but ya gotta stick it out. Once you start having success, the process of success will start falling into place. Just make sure that you're calling in an area that holds coyotes because if they're not there, they won't come no matter how good the calling is.

Browning, just keep carrying the video camera all the time, you'll get the kills on film.Filming adds an elliment and challenge to being successful. We've had several "successful" hunts that didn't get caught on film, even though the cameras were rolling, but if you keep trying the odds are in your favor. That's a fact that really hit home while we were making the Bowmania video. Killing called predators with a bow is tough, but then trying to catching it on film just made it down right hard.

By the way, our next video should hit the market in Aug., Sept. at the latest and it's going to have a bunch of awesome footage all from last winter. With three of us filming in different locations all winter, good footage really added up.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:49 AM

is that the video I see for sale on the Minaska Web site??

I can't wait for their coon video to come out!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, Minaska carrys the Bow video and the Verminator calls. There are a couple of coons taken on the video with the guys from Minaska.I haven't gotten to go calling with them, but Rick tells me calling racoons was almost as much fun as calling coyotes.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've videod some pheasant hunting, goose/duck hunting, deer hunting, but have yet to video coyote hunting. Hopefully this winter if I get a better camera.