Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 videoing your hunts? >

videoing your hunts?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

videoing your hunts?

Old 03-04-2003, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default videoing your hunts?

What kind of a camera mount are you using? I made a camera mount out of some 2x2 lumber that resembles the " tree-pod" my buddy has. The tree pod is like $150-no thanks. I modified a screw in step for the tree attachment. Works pretty well, but I saw the " pro-bow-cam" on the Basspro website for $40.

Just curious what kind of camera mount you are using in the tree. No prob. in the DB because you can just put it on a reg. tripod.

Old 03-04-2003, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: videoing your hunts?

you can see a pic. of my " home-made camera mount" at

http://community.webshots.com/user/brandontomlin
Old 03-04-2003, 11:52 AM

If I remember I' ll take a picture of one I made from steel. It' s 3 pieces of 12" steel bolted together at the ends. This allows 2 elbow joints to adjust it. Next I welded a bolt that is the correct size and thread of the top part of a tripod (what the camera mounts to) I take this part and screw it onto my bolt and then mount my camera. On the other end I welded another piece of steel at a 90 degree angle and then welded a large lag screw that attaches to the tree. After reading this I think I better get you a pic. It works great and cost only a few dollars, but you need access to a welder and you need the top part of a tripod.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:10 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-04-2003, 03:05 PM

i just received the pro bow arm or cam or whatever its called in the mail last week, i like it but i dont like the way it attaches to a tree i might modify it or use it as a template for making my own.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

HH48...Can you elaborate on what the prob. is?
Old 03-04-2003, 05:10 PM

first off the peice the arm connects to is plastic, and looks like it could sag, which i can put up with a little bit but not to much, but mostly its the straps, there are two cinch straps you have to weave through the plastic slot and around the tree then fasten them, a rachet would have been much easier or maybe a screw, i guess ill just have to put up with it
Old 03-04-2003, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

These tripods sound good but I like the idea of mounting the camera in the stabilazer hole. When I hunt, if I see a deer, I always keep the bow in front of my face and pointed directly at the deer. So it would be easy to get video and if its a shooter its just a bonus.

Anyone ever done this?

Any tricks?
Old 03-05-2003, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

C9,

I thought about this but decided I didn' t want a 3# stabilizer. I also don' t know how much shock a camera can take from the bow before it could damage it.

I also thought that the bracket would prob. make better footage when " buck fever" kicks in.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: videoing your hunts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.