Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

When are coyotes most vocal?

Old 02-14-2007, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: When are coyotes most vocal?

Good grief Jake, do some reading, if ya can!!
Coyotes are territorial! They leave marking posts to mark their territory and they howl to announce where they are with-in thier territory. During mating season, they howl to locate a mate, as was said. This is why using the howling sounds during mating season is most effective, because coyotes don't like intruders in THIER territory.
During mateing season they arent very vocal because they dont want other yotes to know where they are so they take their mates and what not.
Where did you find this info.? It's absolutely, positively incorrect![]

Old 02-14-2007, 10:30 AM

I am the biggest idiot? everyone seems to agree with me, so how can I be an idiot? it seems like you are the one that is wrong here Jake!

Howler: good post, thanks for the back-up! some people just don't want to learn!

Here is a P.M. that jake smith09 sent me

QUOTE-Hey man, first of all how old are you. you shouldnt be talking like that. maybe where you live the yotes are like that but i live in ohio and that is completly different. I know what im talking about 110%!!! you need to tone your little ... well never mind. I know what im talking about(in ohio). You do need to read, everyone else on that subject needs to do the same. They are more vocal in late fall and early spring. i gaurantee it look on google!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont even get me mad because im on the edge of being so. i could get you kicked off this website. I have my sources!!!!! no hard feelings just lay off of it, its all a learning experience and you need to CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!! PM me back!! QOUTE.

as you can see, his little message made me chuckle! Dudes, he gets his info from google! whats up with that??

Now to work of off the CORRECT info that Howler gave us. When coyote pee in spots they are doing different things with that pee. Some are territory and some are not. How does a coyote know what the other coyote is trying to tell with that pee? Well, coyotes are able to let loose different levels of amonia in their urine depending on what message they are giving. If they just relieve themselves, there is a low level of it. If they are marking their territory then there is a higher level of it in their urine. I am not saying an intruding coyote will smell this and high tail it, but it will put them on guard!

Old 02-14-2007, 10:40 AM

First of all learn how to spell quote and second google is a good place to look, you can find any website you want on there.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:55 AM

sorry for the mis-spelled words. and I know what google does. Hey lets all just have some fun and hunt!
Old 02-14-2007, 11:57 AM

Sounds good, sorry for getting mad but im like that!
Old 02-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jake.. judging by the questions you ask and the other things you say.. Coming to you or taking your information for gold is the last thing I would do.. even in ohio coyotes act the same as any other coyote.. they ARE coyotes.. period.. You think what you want.. and by the way.. How many coyotes have you killed?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow. I didn't see this post till today. I can't believe the mis-information that has been giving out by jake.

Coyotes howl year round, period. Right now is the best time of the year, besides spring, to get coyotes coming to howls. They are getting paired up, and ready to start mating. But what do I know, I've just added 2 more to the bag this afternoon. I'm only at 52 dogs for the season.

This is also a great time of the year to be dogging yotes. I imagine I'll have to explain that to Jake as well, unless he can google it.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:48 PM

A coyote is a coyote no matter where you live or where the coyote itself lives. I am from the Central Ohio area Jake and the coyote are no different here than anywhere else.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Rammer

Wow. I didn't see this post till today. I can't believe the mis-information that has been giving out by jake.

Coyotes howl year round, period. Right now is the best time of the year, besides spring, to get coyotes coming to howls. They are getting paired up, and ready to start mating. But what do I know, I've just added 2 more to the bag this afternoon. I'm only at 52 dogs for the season.

This is also a great time of the year to be dogging yotes. I imagine I'll have to explain that to Jake as well, unless he can google it.
Now thats funny right there!!! Good info Rammer! Thanks!

only 52 dogs? when are you gonna start hunting??
Old 02-14-2007, 06:56 PM

Fingerz42.... In ohio coyotes act a little different because there are always cars and people around a house every 1/2 mile etc. I aggree that the all act the same but coyotes tend to be more pressured around here and dont act the same( with their howling anyways). They dont howl as much around here as much as they do in say south dakota. By the way ive killed 36 since christmas.

Quick Reply: When are coyotes most vocal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.