Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

When are coyotes most vocal?

Old 02-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: When are coyotes most vocal?

Around here we have an alarm testing go off because of the VX plant down the road and if I go out in the woods when its sounding the coyotes go nuts. Good locator. Also works when the train gos by and blows its wistle. Its like that all year long

Old 02-14-2007, 07:23 PM

Thats pretty good, to bad they dont respond to hardely nothing around here. I can get a response about 2-5 times a week if im lucky. They just dont travel in big packs around here like they do out west which really hoovers!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well we all know that west coyote are more vocal than east coyotes.. but i asked what time of the year they are more likely to be vocal.. and that question, whether they live in the east or west, the answer is the same..
Old 02-14-2007, 07:29 PM

Generally speaking yes it is the same but i wont hear it around here as much because the lack of big packs and so on and so forth, but i do aggree with you on them being more vocal at the same times.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:38 PM

I give upon him or her or ?????? Plays the same violin and the same tunes
Old 02-14-2007, 07:43 PM

around here it is weird, I will get a huge vocal response at say 9 pm in an area, then a week later same time same place, Nothin!

remember, they have a huge range, they might not be home at the same time each night. just a thought!

our coyotes see lots of humans also. 90% of NH population lives from concord south. And our coyotes tend to have the same ideas. cars, houses, people are nothin to these coyotes!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:57 PM

Them being used to people is in one instince a good thing because they are easier to hunt but it is also bad because they start going through towns and getting peoples pets and just reaking havic!!!

Old 02-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Generally speaking yes it is the same but i wont hear it around here as much because the lack of big packs and so on and so forth, but i do aggree with you on them being more vocal at the same times. " JAKES QUOTE

Now jake.. go back to your first page and look at where you said they are NOT vocal at this time of year.. you are totally contradciting yourself..
Old 02-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fingerz42.... In ohio coyotes act a little different because there are always cars and people around a house every 1/2 mile etc. I aggree that the all act the same but coyotes tend to be more pressured around here and dont act the same( with their howling anyways). They dont howl as much around here as much as they do in say south dakota. By the way ive killed 36 since christmas
36? Come on Jake!! It's time to cut the bullpucky![] You're telling all of us that you have called and killed 36 coyotes since Christmas!! I'm sorry Jake, but with each post you make, your credibility slides further down a slippery slope.
It was just back on 2-2-07 that you were asking for help. A guy that is calling and killing that many coyotes doesn't ask for help, they give out good advice!![8D]
Old 02-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: When are coyotes most vocal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.