Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

When are coyotes most vocal?

Old 02-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default When are coyotes most vocal?

What time of the year are coyotes most likely to respond and howl? What months are best?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:45 AM

Default RE: When are coyotes most vocal?

Usually they are more vocal in late fall and mid to late spring around here. Im not sure if it just goes by where you live but in Ohio thats the way it is.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:53 PM

NOW! it is Mating season!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

jake u literally have pry never killed one.. u need to shut off
Old 02-14-2007, 07:05 AM

Everybody take it easy as we are all here to learn from one another, Browning corrected me on a subject the other day and he was exactly right. I am always open to constructive critism as long as it is constructive and I can learn from it. As far as being vocal it is my understanding that during the mating season { Byron South Seminar} that this is the time of year that they do howl more than usual to locate mates.Early on into mating season you can especially call in the males to a female invitation howl. Just what I have been told by others with alot more experience than me. May God bless Byron and his family in this time of need and pray for his Daughter Raegon and also for Tripod and family.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:12 AM

lumberjack, we must have been typing at the same time. you are right and Byron is right.

Good post with the female invite howls! I just typed the same thing!!

I hope Byrons daughter is ok also!

Good luck with your hunting!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:13 AM

whats wrong with Tripod??
Old 02-14-2007, 07:17 AM

I think we were typing at the same time ,I just hate to see fellow hunters spat back and forth as we need to stick together and help one another and I know that unfotunatly there is always someone who never thinks they can be wrong about anything and does not want to listen, I try to just let it go and go on to someone who will.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:21 AM

right, I am not spatting but this guy asked me If I hunted for 3 days and then gives bogus info and calls people out before they themselves know the real deal. I don't mind helping and being helped but before people run their mouths (or fingers) they need to think logicaly about what they are going to say.

I hope all you guys the best of luck in the woods!!!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:24 AM

This is what I read on Predator Masters forum that Him and His wife were getting ready to hunt a new place and they were both out of the truck loading there rifles and her gun discharged and hit him in the thigh area and severing his femur artery. Very lucky man to be alive. If you go to the forums they are having alot of auctions and sales of various kinds to help both family's with all the medical bills that they are getting.

Quick Reply: When are coyotes most vocal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.