Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Which Electronic Caller for Coyotes?

Old 12-22-2006, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default Which Electronic Caller for Coyotes?

Guys,
Looking to buy an electric caller for coyote hunting. I'll probably only go a handfull of times each year. So I don't want to spend $500. But I know you get what you pay for and those sub $50 are getting really bad view over on cabela forums. I like the idea of no wire going to the speaker. That said the Western Rivers MP3 caller for $249 seems pretty good or the Hunters Specialties (has a cord). Like the capabilty of loading different calls on the MP3 style.

What's everyone using that works?
Old 12-22-2006, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Electronic Caller for Coyotes?

A friend of mine has the westerm RIvers call, and it works pretty decently, just not as many bells and whistles on it as some of the higher dollar machines!
Old 12-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

heard great things about fox pro fx3. comes with a hefty $ sign. 700 yrd remote no wires. free down loads life time warrenty. This springI'm planning on being a proud owner
Old 12-28-2006, 09:59 PM

Just got a Western Rivers remote control call a few weeks ago. Just got back in from hunting tonight and am about ready to throw the thing in the trash. I will post a forum asking for input on this call but from my experience I would stay away from this brand. Plus I emailed their customer service back on Dec. 10th and I have yet to hear back from them. I sent them a bit nastier email earlier today. We'll see if I get a response to this one.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:17 AM
Typical Buck

Check out this thread.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1856972&mpage=1&key=&#185912 7

Im headed to radio shack to pick up a few parts then I can load what I want on to my ipod. Hopefully it works well I plan to take it out on sunday so I will let you know
Old 12-29-2006, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dont buy the Western Rivers! junk! Mine went back within a week!
Look in cabelas bargain cave and they have piles of em from returns. Thats a bad sign too!
Old 12-30-2006, 07:29 PM

I've been using a Foxpro 414b for the past 2 years. I got the remote with it and it works great. I like being able to put it about 100 yardsupwind from me when hunting coyotes so when they circle they are right in my lap. With the 416, you can purchase sounds off the website or download your own off the computer via CDs. It's been a great caller so far.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:35 PM

the foxpro fx-3 does not have a lifetime warranty, it comes with a 5 year warranty, which does not cover damage from batteries or water, i just went to the website to look it up. i also noticed after i read in the warranty part, that the fx-3 is not water proof/resistant, that might be a bit of an influence on me buying one, i still want one though, its in my plans for my tax return things to buy list
Old 12-31-2006, 11:56 AM

make your own. buy a mini amp and a speaker or two. use a mp3 player with this to set up sequences of your own. you can use sounds off varmintal.com or buy them from fox pro to use on your mp3 player.