Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

best electronic caller

Old 11-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default best electronic caller

I'm looking to buy an electronic caller for coyotes to go along with a motion decoy. Any ideas on what is the best buy for the $$$. We have serious coyote issues, the guys that run them with dogs won't even hunt here because it is not safe for their hounds
Old 11-29-2005, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: best electronic caller

I would suggest that you take a long look at the Foxpro caller. It is expensive but if you have a big problem and plan on doing some serious hunting this is a great call. Call Mike Dillon (Foxpro Owner) and talk to him.His company has grown over the last 5 yearsbut you may still be able to talk to him directly. He will set you up with what you need. I own one of the older models and it has been worth the $$$$. I wish I could afford to have the fx3 model. It is the cadilac of e-callers. www.gofoxpro.com

Old 11-29-2005, 11:15 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

foxporo rules in every aspect
Old 11-30-2005, 08:55 AM

I just asked this same question on another site. I hope you get a lot of responses, as I too will be watching this thread closely.

Kev

PS- Beagleman- What is that rifle??
Old 11-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't personally own an electronic caller, but I have hunted with FoxPros and they work great!
Old 11-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you have serious coyote problems, hunting them will make them seem a little more scarce, but it won't do much to the population. For that, you'd probably have to resort to trapping or poision. That said, you can still hunt them and have a blast.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

I've got an FX3 FoxPro & man I tell ya it is amazing. I just started varmit hunting & after a lot of research when with the best. You will not be sorry witn an FX3. I've laready called in 2 bobcats & I've lost count of the crows & I've only had the caller a week (been hunting three times with it). The remote is nice to have, but I did not order the decoy.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

i built my own portable cd player to a audio amp to a powerhorn it was to easy works great to
Old 12-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a Foxpro FX3 this year. It was expensive,but, I feel they make a quality caller and have excellent customer/product support. I dont plan on buying another one for some time so I figured the investment over the long term will be worth it. I also noticed that foxpro sells refurbished units as well. This could be an option to help keep the costs down. I havent really hunted with the unit yet but it sounds great and the remote works well and is a very nice feature.
MIKE
Old 12-09-2005, 02:40 PM

Build it yourself. I built one last year.

Jumbo coffe mug from Citgo= $5.00
Misc. cables/adapters from Radio Shack= $10.00
Speco 5" speaker= $14.00
Rio MP3 Player (new)= $65.00
Azden Wireless Microphone Sys.= $100.00

You cut the bottom out of the coffee mug, and secure the speaker with adhesive of your choice, I used RTV (silicone). Now take the top off, wire everything up, put lid back on. Download sounds to your computer, then move them to your MP3 player and you're ready to go.

I've simplified the instructions, but that is basically all there is to it. There are better instructions over at www.predatormastersforums.com. Good luck.

Quick Reply: best electronic caller

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.