Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Do they exist?

Old 11-12-2010, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Probably actually own the products or a varity would be a start.

I mean who would hire a nascar driver that only raced one car but did a lot of research on the internet?
You just don't seem to be able to grasp the fact that I have owned more than one rifle scope. I've owned a variety. Some at the same time, others not at the same time. I've gotten lots of experience with how a rifle scope should work and function.

Just because someone doesn't have a ton of guns like you claim you do, all topped with scopes, doesn't mean they have had experience with anything.

Last edited by hometheaterman; 11-12-2010 at 06:16 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know, Leupold has a warranty.....(just sayin)

What's your VX-iii mag/obj/finish? I might want it
Old 11-12-2010, 06:39 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
You just don't seem to be able to grasp the fact that I have owned more than one rifle scope. I've owned a variety. Some at the same time, others not at the same time. I've gotten lots of experience with how a rifle scope should work and function.

Just because someone doesn't have a ton of guns like you claim you do, all topped with scopes, doesn't mean they have had experience with anything.
Ok, so your saying you have tested and owned burris, nikon, leupold, ziess, bushnell, and a variety of the models, not just the k-mart version??? Because when your story started, it was you bought a VX-1. But now, you claim to own a 6500 tactical.

So do get to talk with these guys often where you live? I don't go, because I live in the real world. But maybe you can tell us about it. Since this is where you prefer to live.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lol I've yet to see you state any specific facts about any kind of scope. Yet you claim know what's best. Hell, I've yet to see you post any useful information about anything.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:07 AM
bigcountry

Lol I've yet to see you state any specific facts about any kind of scope. Yet you claim know what's best. Hell, I've yet to see you post any useful information about anything.
Okie dokie. I took the time to tell you my loads and groups with a BAR. I took the time to take a picture for you. I took the time to explain in detail my experience. Your not listening. Again. People are nice enough on here to answer your newbie questions about everything. But this is what they get in return. I take time to answer PM after PM about reloading. Even go to people's house to teach them on here. Ask Mossyoak33. Or Haugenna.

Could you please show me where I said something is "best". I have more "other" scopes than leupold. So what does that say?

Old 11-12-2010, 07:08 AM
bigcountry

What kinda facts would you like to know? I will do my best to explain what I know.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Okie dokie. I took the time to tell you my loads and groups with a BAR. I took the time to take a picture for you. I took the time to explain in detail my experience. Your not listening. Again. People are nice enough on here to answer your newbie questions about everything. But this is what they get in return. I take time to answer PM after PM about reloading. Even go to people's house to teach them on here. Ask Mossyoak33. Or Haugenna.

Could you please show me where I said something is "best". I have more "other" scopes than leupold. So what does that say?
You did do that with the BAR. I guess I shouldn't have said that I haven't seen you post anything useful as you did do that. However, the majority of your posts I've seen are you trashing other peoples opinions because you don't agree with them with your expertise.

That being said, with the BAR while you did try to help, and none of the stuff worked on mine, you resorted to telling me how it was due to my lack of experience. When I posted about accuracy issues, I had guy after guy after guy tell me that he was having the same problem, or had the same problem and traded the gun off. So I took your suggestions and tried them, but when they didn't work I'm not sure what you think I should have done? Like I said they aren't all inaccurate as a buddy just got one that is very accurate. However, most of the guys I know that have them claim they have the same issues I did. I've seen others claim theirs are accurate too, and even shot me how accurate they are, but the majority of the guys that I've talked to aren't telling me how accurate theirs is. When I called Browning they told me 2" groups were about as good as I should expect with a rifle like that and that it wasn't a bolt action so I shouldn't expect the same accuracy I would for a bolt action. So I find it hard to believe that the reason so many people are having this same problem, and the reason that Browning tells users 2" groups are all they should expect is because none of us have any experience with it. If you magically know some trick to get all the BAR's to shoot great, why not open up a business accurizing them? I'm sure there are tons of guys out there that would love to have you fix theirs for them since you have the "experience" to make them shoot great.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:37 AM
bigcountry

You did do that with the BAR. I guess I shouldn't have said that I haven't seen you post anything useful as you did do that. However, the majority of your posts I've seen are you trashing other peoples opinions because you don't agree with them with your expertise.

That being said, with the BAR while you did try to help, and none of the stuff worked on mine, you resorted to telling me how it was due to my lack of experience. When I posted about accuracy issues, I had guy after guy after guy tell me that he was having the same problem, or had the same problem and traded the gun off. So I took your suggestions and tried them, but when they didn't work I'm not sure what you think I should have done? Like I said they aren't all inaccurate as a buddy just got one that is very accurate. However, most of the guys I know that have them claim they have the same issues I did. I've seen others claim theirs are accurate too, and even shot me how accurate they are, but the majority of the guys that I've talked to aren't telling me how accurate theirs is. When I called Browning they told me 2" groups were about as good as I should expect with a rifle like that and that it wasn't a bolt action so I shouldn't expect the same accuracy I would for a bolt action. So I find it hard to believe that the reason so many people are having this same problem, and the reason that Browning tells users 2" groups are all they should expect is because none of us have any experience with it. If you magically know some trick to get all the BAR's to shoot great, why not open up a business accurizing them? I'm sure there are tons of guys out there that would love to have you fix theirs for them since you have the "experience" to make them shoot great.
Well of course browning told you 2". One, its semiauto. About anyone knows 2MOA is about all one can expect. I get better now after tweeking OAL and powder change. You got to understand browning has no idea if you flinch, no idea on if your a machine shooter. They can't control the ammo you put thru it. Remington would tell you simular.

I can't fix a shooter overnight, nor do I have time. The reason I know this is, I have been there when I was a teenager. I bought my first rifle, and shot 5" groups. I swore I was a good rifle shooter, it couldn't be me. Called the company, complained, went back to the store I bought it, complained, there was no internet then, or I am sure I woudl have come on and complained. Finally, a compenant shooter saw me and asked if he could, shoot it, and bam, 1.5MOA. With crap coreloks. I told him, he was lucky. He let the gun cool, (I thought why did he do that). Picked it up and then a 1MOA.

I could be all wrong about you. But where there smoke, there is usually fire. And I may be reading you all wrong. But all indications say not. Your probably a great guy.

Since then I have met many a newbie that swore their gun is a MOA gun and they were top shots. I have thrown down many a 20 dollar bill, and said "show me". I have yet to loose. But I pick my battles. I don't do that with everyone. I wouldnt do that with PAwildman, or ridgerunner, or elderado or anyone I see at the range every week. Rare is the guy who is a MOA shooter consistently. But I am sure everyone here swears they are. So sure, I would say browning did tell you that. For good reason.

Last edited by bigcountry; 11-12-2010 at 09:42 AM.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have to say it may be the guy behind the trigger as well maybe not, but most likely is.I have personally shot other people rifles cause they claimed their customn guns weren't grouping bullets well with them. One guy claimed his barel was shot out of his 7mm Ultra Mag, cause he wasn't getting any grouping. I was shooting beside him and he gave me his gun. He Handed me the gun and I put 3 shots on 1 1/4 inches ,over 45 minutes handed it back to him and told him he probably developed a flinch or he wasn't letting the barrel cool down long enough between shots.He may or mat not of been happy with the grouping I made, but my point is I gave him a group to prove the barrel was probably not the issue.And 1 1/4 inches is bad considering I have never shot that gun before. My dad has a browning semi auto 30-06 the best groups from it are about 1 1/4.I don't know what type of groups your looking for but my Husky 30-06 does just under an inch and that's me shooting really well.It doesn't take much movement from the shooter to get bigger groups. Personally if I had a rifle that consistantly shot 1.5 inch groups from one load everytime I went out target practicing, I'd be more than happy with the hunting setup and shooting ability out to 400 yrds.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 11-12-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Spike

Hey guys just wanted to ask a really dumb question. I have only been hunting for a few years so I am no expert AT ALL when it comes to this sport. I just signed up for this forum yesterday and I have come across some great information. Just wondering when you guys say you own 6 or 7 of the same scope is it just to have one on every rifle you own or just because over time the scope becomes less effective? Sorry for the dumb questions and sorry for Hi jacking your thread OP. Hope you get your sitting dilemma squared away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.