Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Do they exist?

Old 11-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I put one of these on each of my bolt guns.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-4...le-scopes.html

Works for me.................KISS Principle.

Same everything no matter which caliber I need that day.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Leupold is about 25 Years Old and My Nikon 6X12X50 is about 20 years old ,never had any problems with them.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got to say this much about Bigcountry.
He knows how to shoot, he is very very knowledgable about guns
optics and reloading.Only a handful of members on this forum Are like this.Quite frankly if I owned a site this is the type of guy who'd I want as a paid employee.I'd want very knowledgable people that are more than willing to share secrets so that hunters and shooters get results. People may take what he has to offer as a now it all, but nothing can be further from the truth.He took his education to the next level when it comes to hunting and shooting.He is not getting paid for the stuff he posts, and I will be one of the first to say I've PM'd him about a few things and have gotten a response very quickly.He is the first to help.All he asks is follow his advice.Make an honest effort to try what he says and don't complain and interrupt, until you see the results for yourself.There is nothing wrong with calling what you see when you know advice wasn't followed or an effort wasn't put forth or you just won't believe. Bigcountry isn't stupid, and is more than willing to help those who help themselves.
Just try out what some of these guys say give it a shot.Bigcountrt and I have had our disagreements about hunting situations especially
wounding and losing animals.But hey I've never wounded one and am
not about to test it out. My time will come I'm sure, I just hope it doesn't and will continue to do my best so it won't.But But when it comes to shooting reloading and optics he is my goto guy forsure.
Keep up the good work B.C.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:37 PM
bigcountry

Thanks Jeff, not sure if I am all that. But I do love shooting and reloading. I do love a nice piece of optics. I think we have mutual respect and glad to know you on these forums. And its not because the nice words either. Take vapodog, I rarely agree with him, but respect him. Same with ridgerunner and others.

We have lost alot of good posters on here. But still have down to earth ones left. Thanks again.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington
I just got to say this much about Bigcountry.
He knows how to shoot, he is very very knowledgable about guns
optics and reloading.Only a handful of members on this forum Are like this.Quite frankly if I owned a site this is the type of guy who'd I want as a paid employee.I'd want very knowledgable people that are more than willing to share secrets so that hunters and shooters get results. People may take what he has to offer as a now it all, but nothing can be further from the truth.He took his education to the next level when it comes to hunting and shooting.He is not getting paid for the stuff he posts, and I will be one of the first to say I've PM'd him about a few things and have gotten a response very quickly.He is the first to help.All he asks is follow his advice.Make an honest effort to try what he says and don't complain and interrupt, until you see the results for yourself.There is nothing wrong with calling what you see when you know advice wasn't followed or an effort wasn't put forth or you just won't believe. Bigcountry isn't stupid, and is more than willing to help those who help themselves.
Just try out what some of these guys say give it a shot.Bigcountrt and I have had our disagreements about hunting situations especially
wounding and losing animals.But hey I've never wounded one and am
not about to test it out. My time will come I'm sure, I just hope it doesn't and will continue to do my best so it won't.But But when it comes to shooting reloading and optics he is my goto guy forsure.
Keep up the good work B.C.
When it came to issues with my BAR, I listed to what he had to say, and I took his suggestions and it only made it shoot way worse. I ended up getting it back shooting decent on my own. So this is not always the case. While he may know some stuff, he certainly doesn't know it all.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
While he may know some stuff, he certainly doesn't know it all.
The same can be said about all of us. What is the point?
Old 11-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
The same can be said about all of us. What is the point?
Basically, I just don't think he really knows as much as he wants people online to think. That "other guy" who probably is the same guy, but we can't be sure of that comes in here making it sound like he is a genius and can fix anything and knows what the cause of any problem would be. I was just pointing out that this isn't the case. When I've had issues he is very quick to suggest a fix. When they don't work he resorts to telling me how it's because I don't have enough experience and I don't know what I'm doing.

I can agree that trying to fix something unseen over the net is very hard. I've met a few experts online in other fields that can often do it, but it's not often. However, if something I suggest doesn't fix it, I don't start telling the other person how it either was the problem, or he is the problem and that he lacks experience because he doesn't own 150 different guns to play with.

Sorry, but I know quite a few guys that know quite a bit about guns, scopes, and anything else in the hunting world, and most of them think Big Country is full of ****.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an old Leupold Vari-X iic that has been on several different rifles over the years. From my understanding the new VX-1's are basically the old Vari-X ii's. Never had any problems getting this scope to work as it should. It currently rides on a newly acquired T/C Icon that took a nice Virginia 8 pointer on a recent deer hunt.

Having said that, I also use a Sightron S2 on a muzzleloader and a Zeiss Conquest on another bolt gun. I am happy with all of the scopes and they perform as advertised. I have also used Leupold VX-1's, Nikon Monarchs, Bushnell Elite 3200's and 4200's and never had problems with them either. I did have an Elite 4200 that had a defect from the factory but it was never mounted on a rifle and the retailer swapped the scope out.

I don't always agree with what BigCountry has to say but IMO he is very knowledgeable and if I'm not mistaken works in the optics industry?? When I say works in the industry I am not meaning as a salesman either. I might be confusing that with someone else....don't know for sure.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 11-29-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holly ****..I guess when one or two members may think I could possibly be Big Country I will take that as a compliment.
Sorry bigcountry I know I'm not you, but thanks.
When members take a serious amount of time away from family
and there own hobbies to try and help members out it should be appreciated not condemed.If you tried and it didn't work out sorry about it. But all I suggest is hear him out. Big Country is more right than wrong.Next suggestion send your goddamn gun to someone who nows how to shoot cause I really don't think you do.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 11-29-2010 at 05:42 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington
Holly ****..I guess when one or two members may think I could possibly be Big Country I will take that as a compliment.
Sorry bigcountry I know I'm not you, but thanks.
When members take a serious amount of time away from family
and there own hobbies to try and help members out it should be appreciated not condemed.If you tried and it didn't work out sorry about it. But all I suggest is hear him out. Big Country is more right than wrong.Next suggestion send your goddamn gun to someone who nows how to shoot cause I really don't think you do.
If I didn't know how to shoot I really don't think I'd be getting .5" groups consistently with my other gun, nor the .8" groups I was getting with my buddies 30-06 the day before yesterday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.