Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

sizing wax

Old 05-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default sizing wax

Anyone tried the Imperial Sizing Die Wax? Just picked someup today to try on my cases. I sales guy says you have to use very little of it. Is it easier on the dies? (less gunk build up) Please let me know.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: sizing wax

Very good stuff. Especially for sizing up or down. If you haven't tried the Hornady One-Shot, give it a try. Since I started using it, the Imperial doesn't get a lot of use.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

I have been useing it for as long as I can remember,I tried a can of the one shot but went back to the imperal wax.One tub of the imperal will last for years if you reload a bunch.
I just touch it with my index finger and do 5 cases,place the cases in a reloading tray take a q tip touch it and run it in and out of the neck every 3 cases.
In my rifles that I have just one in a certain caliber I have just started useing the lee collet die.So far they work pretty good and I don't have to lube.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

"If you haven't tried the Hornady One-Shot, give it a try. Since I started using it, the Imperial doesn't get a lot of use."

Works for me. Threw away the lube pad over 10 years ago.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:49 PM
DM

I believe i started using Imperial wax in the 70's, and i'm still using it and still likeing it!

DM
Old 06-02-2007, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started using it about a year ago, I won't go back to a lube pad ever.

Hornady 1-shot: Just about every story about someone sticking a case in their sizing die either involved 1-shot or no case lube at all. I guess it might be ok for pistol reloading, but its not really necessary with carbide dies. I have a can of it in my reloading cabinet, but haven't used it much.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:36 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: kelbro

Very good stuff. Especially for sizing up or down. If you haven't tried the Hornady One-Shot, give it a try. Since I started using it, the Imperial doesn't get a lot of use.
I love one shot too. I have been using it exclusively for 2 years now. I do use imperial when seating hard to seat bullets. Definately makes them go in easier and straighter. I don't like imperial for sizing. Works great but don't like the time it takes or the goo.

Be careful and shake up the one shot good. If you dno't shake or at the end of the can is where trouble can happen with stuck cases. But you should be able to feel a nice coating on the brass before sizing.