Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Case Stuck in my Resizing die >

Case Stuck in my Resizing die

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Case Stuck in my Resizing die

Old 06-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Case Stuck in my Resizing die

I found the best way to remove a stuck case is a RCBS stuck case remover kit also,it happened 2 times so far,a real pain in the a$$...
Old 06-19-2005, 09:15 AM

ORIGINAL: brasskeeper

If you do this you will have to buy a new expander ball as it will come off in side the case when you unscrew the shaft out of the die.
A bit of work with a hacksaw and your expander ball will drop right out of on half of the case, or the other.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Slamfire

A bit of work with a hacksaw and your expander ball will drop right out of on half of the case, or the other.
Thats true, but usually the expander ball is damaged. When you unscrew the shaft up through the die the expander ball can not pass through the neck of the case, which isbeing compressedin the neck sizing part of the die, so it will be pulled off the end of the shaft. It being forced off the end of the shaft normally damages the expander ball, but it gives you access to allow a punch to inserted into the die to drive out the case. The expander ball is cheap compared to the shipping cost of sending the die to RCBS.