Sask Sportsman pay for another bout with NDP >

Sask Sportsman pay for another bout with NDP

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Sask Sportsman pay for another bout with NDP

Old 04-05-2004, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Sask Sportsman pay for another bout with NDP

Last weeks budget proved the NDP are not about the truth following a slim win in the fall. Sask or visting non-residents will see a 20% raise in angling licenses this year. If your camping you'll find a campfire fee, park pass, site rental and opening dates have all changed. Regular hunting licenses are said to be the same, however for sask residents there is a big game draw fee tacked on for 04' of 7 to 11 dollars depending how you apply. I would have no problem if this was not a tax grab, but they announced a number of CO and field operation cuts for 04'. So these extra fee's are nothing more than revenue for the NDP not going back to the management of the resource or bodies in the field. I am sure their operating budget has been hacked even further which will mean less CO presence on the water and fields this year again, which only spark more mis-use of the natural resources. I have sent a letter to my local NDP MLA in my discontent with not placing the revenue back to the resource and any sask residents to do the same.

Just thought I'd pass on the great news and mention my big boo for the NDP's desicions!!!!
Old 04-05-2004, 02:12 PM

Default RE: Sask Sportsman pay for another bout with NDP

Skeeter this is just another example of what a wonderful NDP government we have. I know all of the students here are still fuming about there lost promises for tuition rebates or lowered tuition. It realy bothers me that most people in Sask i talk to do not agree with this governement yet they still seem to elect them. Our problem is we have too many old coffin dodgers in this province that really have nothing to do but get their pension check. These people think the NDP are the best thing since sliced bread and they are ruining it for everyone else that is wanting a change and are suffering through another 4 years. These guys have one hand in your pocket and another hand up your shirt squeezing your tit till its purple. Ralph Klein goes down to washington to fight for the border to be opened back up to live beef while Calvert is out pulling his pud on vacation in B.C. You can really tell just how much he cares. As for the prices of fishing licences going up that severly burns me. They are too expensive as it is. Why make sportsmen suffer because the NDP can't manage money worth a dam. By rasing the fees alot of people will become turned off and not bother. I for one am an example. Last year is the first year i never bought a park pass for greewater lake because i said it was just rediculous. I am sure there were many other people who think just like me. Now what would make more money, Having lower prices and lots of people buying, or jack up the prices and turn alot of people off. This province is in a very sad state and something needs to happen or else these knobs are going to drive it right into the ground. Hunting fees haven't gone up yet but give it time. If they raise hunting fees they should be shot in the face with their own ball of &()*^. They are dishing out big money for wildlife damage to farmers. If they raise fees-less people hunt-more wildlife damage-more money pissed away. I just wish these guys would just think a little bit before they do something. And your right skeeter it appears to be a tax grab. Why should we have to be taxed any further why not make everyone pay. I would bet my left kidney that the money generated from this will not even be used for the outdoors anyways. Probably to pay out welfare for the folks over on 22nd street. I am sorry but i get a little worked up when it comes to the governement here. Nothing would make me happier than to see them gone. Last election they only got in because Hermanson was a bit of a loud mouth and turned a few people off. So people were against the sask party. But nobody wanted to vote liberal because they felt the liberals wouldn't get enough support and the sask party might sneek in. Instead they voted NDP just to keep the sask party out. People here need to grow a pair and vote against them next election. As for sending a letter, David & Grant Karwacki are my first cousins so they are usually enlightned as to what we would like to see done.....oh ya skeeter still waiting on that beer if u get a minute.....ty Dan
Old 04-05-2004, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hadn't realized that Sask was NDP, sorry to hear it, I feel for you guys.
Hopefully you can vote them out before too much damage is done, the NDP has no long term vision and are essentially communists in my eyes.
It really amazes me how they think, if they keep hiring public servants and serving special interest groups they will blindly reach the point that everyone is a public servant with no economy or tax base to support their ridiculous spending.

Granted, Alberta and the states have their problems, but history teaches us that going too far to left is a downward spiral, we need the right wing ideology to maintain a strong economy, that way we can afford to spend on important things, the NDP wants to spend without thinking of where the money is coming from.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: tschaef
the NDP has no long term vision and are essentially communists in my eyes.
Couldn't have said it better myself ts. I totally agree with this statement.....
Old 04-05-2004, 10:57 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-06-2004, 09:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hiawatha, no the money is not going back to the resource as in nthe budget outlined cut backs, layoffs and closing of DNR post (mostly in northern stations)...so it is very apparent that it is nothing more than a way to generate more revenue for a poor government. They will spend millions with wide open promos and then say sorry we're not open until middle of june and were charging you more. They said they were committed to growth but nowhere did they show that with the latest budget, they have moved more money to healthcare and education through raise in PST, layoffs, etc but it isn't enough to cover the requirements in either area. What is worse they have caused more burdens to the residents and especially the farmers by reduce the farm fuel rebate by 20%. It just shows they have no clue on what is essential, how to grow or keep people in this province and how to appropriately manage revenue for asmall province. They are the Robert Milton of politics, they keep padding there wallets while there company(residents) keep losing..mis-management and no vision/plan is an understatement! Yes they did increase hunting fees by tacking on an application fee of 4(online) - 7(paper) dollars per application submitted, this was no cost previously and is not refundable. It will cost me an additional 20 dollars a year to keep my status in draw pools. It doesn't seem like much but when you start adding it up over years and now that it is in it will not go down or away..next to come is the raise in all fees. Like mentioned if it was to add or even maintain services I would have no problems but when it is nothing more than a money grab or informal way of taxation it burns my a$$. The list of fees going up is huge for other government issued documents...no mention of this 6 months ago when they were fighting for yet another dismal term in power. Only hope is the slim majority will force them to call an election prior to 4 years.

Otis the NDP has been running this province into the ground for well over a decade straight now, much the same as the federal liberals they have been in control for far to long. Same as the libs accountability is gone, they can do as they please and I am sure fudge at will. I have long thought we should adopt a similar electoral process as the US, only allow 2 terms with one leader and I am sure you would see more change and fresh thoughts. As to the liberals sneaking out of yet another scam, it hardly can come as a suprise CAN IT!!!! They have been doing it for years and until someone figures change is needed in mind not just body it will most likely continue. Martin is still red and he has done the same as those before him done a good job at diversion..."Scandle what Scandle!!!" I hope somehow, someway they don't get in but have to agree to many liberal thinking canadians most likely nmeans another liberal gov't...HOORAY! We are f'd from both ends out here.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

otis

Looking at your post it seems that the NDP were bad then the Conservatives were bad and now the Liberals are bad.

What choice do you have left?

I think that most governments make some popular choices and some unpopular choices. We focus on what is important to us and then judge them on how we feel they are doing. This is only natural. The political grass is usually greener on the other side of the fence until we get there.

Robin
Old 04-08-2004, 04:26 AM

[:@][:@] Come on guys we all know it does not matter who is in power they will all fornicate you in the end...you know the routine...bend over & spread them....at least a kiss on the cheek would be nice...all they do is lie too us to get into power & when they are in power they fatten their paychecks while fornicating us & say what promises?????? Hmmmm did I hear someone say 'civil' war?????[8D]