HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sask Sportsman pay for another bout with NDP
Old 04-06-2004, 09:43 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sask Sportsman pay for another bout with NDP

Hiawatha, no the money is not going back to the resource as in nthe budget outlined cut backs, layoffs and closing of DNR post (mostly in northern stations)...so it is very apparent that it is nothing more than a way to generate more revenue for a poor government. They will spend millions with wide open promos and then say sorry we're not open until middle of june and were charging you more. They said they were committed to growth but nowhere did they show that with the latest budget, they have moved more money to healthcare and education through raise in PST, layoffs, etc but it isn't enough to cover the requirements in either area. What is worse they have caused more burdens to the residents and especially the farmers by reduce the farm fuel rebate by 20%. It just shows they have no clue on what is essential, how to grow or keep people in this province and how to appropriately manage revenue for asmall province. They are the Robert Milton of politics, they keep padding there wallets while there company(residents) keep losing..mis-management and no vision/plan is an understatement! Yes they did increase hunting fees by tacking on an application fee of 4(online) - 7(paper) dollars per application submitted, this was no cost previously and is not refundable. It will cost me an additional 20 dollars a year to keep my status in draw pools. It doesn't seem like much but when you start adding it up over years and now that it is in it will not go down or away..next to come is the raise in all fees. Like mentioned if it was to add or even maintain services I would have no problems but when it is nothing more than a money grab or informal way of taxation it burns my a$$. The list of fees going up is huge for other government issued documents...no mention of this 6 months ago when they were fighting for yet another dismal term in power. Only hope is the slim majority will force them to call an election prior to 4 years.

Otis the NDP has been running this province into the ground for well over a decade straight now, much the same as the federal liberals they have been in control for far to long. Same as the libs accountability is gone, they can do as they please and I am sure fudge at will. I have long thought we should adopt a similar electoral process as the US, only allow 2 terms with one leader and I am sure you would see more change and fresh thoughts. As to the liberals sneaking out of yet another scam, it hardly can come as a suprise CAN IT!!!! They have been doing it for years and until someone figures change is needed in mind not just body it will most likely continue. Martin is still red and he has done the same as those before him done a good job at diversion..."Scandle what Scandle!!!" I hope somehow, someway they don't get in but have to agree to many liberal thinking canadians most likely nmeans another liberal gov't...HOORAY! We are f'd from both ends out here.