HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sask Sportsman pay for another bout with NDP
Old 04-05-2004, 10:20 AM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default Sask Sportsman pay for another bout with NDP

Last weeks budget proved the NDP are not about the truth following a slim win in the fall. Sask or visting non-residents will see a 20% raise in angling licenses this year. If your camping you'll find a campfire fee, park pass, site rental and opening dates have all changed. Regular hunting licenses are said to be the same, however for sask residents there is a big game draw fee tacked on for 04' of 7 to 11 dollars depending how you apply. I would have no problem if this was not a tax grab, but they announced a number of CO and field operation cuts for 04'. So these extra fee's are nothing more than revenue for the NDP not going back to the management of the resource or bodies in the field. I am sure their operating budget has been hacked even further which will mean less CO presence on the water and fields this year again, which only spark more mis-use of the natural resources. I have sent a letter to my local NDP MLA in my discontent with not placing the revenue back to the resource and any sask residents to do the same.

Just thought I'd pass on the great news and mention my big boo for the NDP's desicions!!!!