Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
registered yet ??? >

registered yet ???

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

registered yet ???

Old 02-10-2002, 10:49 AM

Default RE: registered yet ???

I hope to be hired on as a Conservation officer in June and I know that if you send in the papers with unknowm on it your local law enforcement will be at you door. Falsifing a federal document will where they will start so play it safe and send them in correct but at the end of the time alotted.Also the police cannot enter your house without probale cause and if you are believed to be falsifying documents thats probale cause. The only way they can see your guns is if they were called about a domestic disput involving the guns or a domestic and the guns were visible IE. not stored properly. However if you are thought to have commited a fish and wildlife violation us CO's can enter and search without question but that also requires a call that is justifiable with another form of evidence. Besides CO's have already said they won't enforce the FAC laws until everything is finalized with the system.
Sorry to bore you with my interpretations. hope this helps someone.
Old 02-10-2002, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

Wicket not taking sides here but I myself finds that this is a crock. I have registered my guns and I DID make a mistake on my computer registration. 3 weeks later after the mistake was found by myself I called the Canadian Firearms Registration Office in Miramichi N.B.. Here is my nightmare:
1 called CFC
2 put me in touch with compliance
3 Referred to me by Dan at CFC office as MR. Kyte
4 Exchanged Ontario weather with N.B. weather(felt terribly threatened by this gentleman)
5 Corrected my gun registration
6 Did not get a fine or an invite to the local or federal court or jail.
7 I did however receive a confirmation number 15 digits long, a thank you and have a good day Mr. Kyte. This took place 4 months ago and I must admit I am still able to sleep with my eyes closed. One other thing I did receive about a month later was a new registration card with the correct info for the gun they did not confiscate. If they want my guns and yours I can almost guarantee you that they could do this without them being registered.
Old 02-10-2002, 08:05 PM
XTP

This is one of those topics that I really hate because it always pits hunters against hunters.I'm not trying to say this is a govn't conspiracy but tschaef is right,look at Australia,they started with registration then went to banning guns.Think it won't happen here??Check out the CFC website,find the page with banned firearms,and see how many weapons are already banned.Do we need AK's for deer hunting....no,but look how many shotguns are on that list.These may be ugly guns(eg.Franchi Spas12)but they are no more dangerous than a Rem.870!Could a Rem.700,.308,with a 3-9 scope on it,also be labelled as a "sniper rifle"!!Also,for those of us who own restricted or pre-ban firearms,they do not have to book an appointment to come and inspect them,they can show up at any reasonable time and request to see them(without warrent).When they are in your house they may inspect any room they wish if there is "just cause"(which has yet to be defined!).Will I registar....yes,will I be first in line.....NO!
Old 02-11-2002, 08:21 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-12-2002, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

"Hounds Man" I would imagine that the life insurance costs for Conservation Officers and Wardens will go up a lot when they start inforcing the Federal gun laws. After all they (you) will be stopping people with firearms, often in remote areas with no witnesses around and they will know that you might be taking their property from them. Sounds like a dangerous, possibly fatal situation to me. As a matter of fact would you mind if I took out a life insurance policy on you with me as the benifisury? Might be a good investment.
Old 02-12-2002, 05:20 PM

Hounds- Man I hope you get on as Conservation officer in June good luck. I have registered my guns and received the papers last Friday in the mail.
Old 02-12-2002, 06:26 PM
Spike

I too have registered my firearms online.
I have, over the past several years, signed petitions, wrote letters and talked with my local gov't officials but I am afraid these rediculus laws are here to stay. When the Provincial Gov'ts battle the Fed Gov't in the courts over this registration issue and loses, I think out fight is over. I have remained above the law until now and I want to stay that way. Sure doesn't mean that I am in agreement with these stupid laws!!
Old 02-12-2002, 09:11 PM

This once proud Canadian, has become "jaded". I am sick and tired of all the political rethoric and posturing. Day after day our politicians are proving their incompetence and selfish ulterior motives.

The last PRIME example is the in-fighting between Paul Martin and Allan Rock. Until now, these two were puppets of our "fearless leader" Mon. Jean Chretien. Now hoping to replace him they are jousting and jockeying for position. God help us if either one of these baffoons becomes the next leader.

I say get rid of these lying, political trough feeding selfish excuses for human beings, and while we're at it, the rest of the Liberal government. I think we've suffered enough at the hands of these fools.

It's time we take the responsiblity of government into our own hands, by demanding that the politicians truly represent the wishes of the people who put them in office. Failing to do so they should be ousted for "breach of contract".
Old 03-13-2002, 07:33 PM

all 7 of my guns registered 2.5 years ago...still waiting for my money back though
Old 03-15-2002, 06:09 PM

Even by the government's own figures there are many folks who haven't even applied for the license, let alone proceeded to registration, what is being done about that. Is it too late for those owners to register.

Quick Reply: registered yet ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.