Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Ziess Conquest >

Ziess Conquest

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Ziess Conquest

Old 03-07-2007, 09:08 AM

Default RE: Ziess Conquest

I have enjoyed mine very much and am buying another myself. They may be the least expensive scope Zeiss produces but by no means are cheap. I own Leupold vx3's,2's, Nikons, Burris, and by far like the conquest the best.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm hooked on Zeiss also,I own 2 of them,a 3-9 50mm and a 4.5-16 44mm! The best deal I found was on e-bay,check out this link,you can get a new scope for a lot less money...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZelkhunter777
Old 03-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the replies.I went to order it from cabelas and it was backordered for 3 weeks.I talked to a rep from Zeiss at the Harrisburg show and he said the price was going to jump up on the conquests in the near future.Better get them while there below 400.00.On a side note i looked through there Victory Diarange riflescope and all i could say is Wow!!! but with a 3700.00 price tag i know ill never own one.Again thanks for the imput.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

abosolut40, for that price, you must have looked at the 6x24x72 Diavari. That is one nice piece of glass. If I ever get gumption to own a 50 cal that's what I would put on it, I think for it's size it would almost look out of place on a normal size rifle. Zeiss also has arange finding scope that's retails slightly under $4K.

Look around, there are lots of places that have the same price on that Conquest. All the high end european companies hold there prices pretty consistantly, another words they will be nearor at the same price anywhere.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

The one that i looked through at the show had a built in rangefinder.Put the crosshairs on the target and press a button and it displayed the range inside the scope.Ihave to say after looking through leupolds all my life i was really impressed with the Zeiss scopes.Nothing against leupold but i think Zeiss has them beat.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Up until 2001, the year Zeiss first came out with the Conquest, I was pretty much a Leupold or nothing kind of guy. When Zeiss came out with the Conquest I ordered one on a whim and boy was I surprised at how much more I liked it than any of the Leupies I owned at that time. I've since owned 4 more Conquests and will probably buy another this year when the new Rapid Z reticle becomes available.

BTW, there are several good internet sites that sell these scopes besides Cabelas and probably at a better price too. Cabelas would probably be one of the last places I'd look.

www.bearbasin.com
www.theopticzone.com
www.cameralandny.com(call and talk to Doug, he's great)
www.eurooptic.com
www.opticsplanet.com

Old 03-09-2007, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: B.B.A.

Zeiss conquest isOK for it's price but it is the cheapest no-frills scope from Zeiss. I prefer Leupold VX-III in this price class. I have a Zeiss 6-24x56 diavari victory with illuminated mildot, fantastic scope but sadly expensive...
In the 400$ range the VX III's are about the worst you can get. (for 400$ area) Most of the other company's glass is better in this price range. Leupolds are all about 100$ more for a comparable scope.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I find the conquest to be the best value in this price range.It is certainly optically superior to the vxIII.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Dominant Buck

I have to agree with stubble!
Old 03-19-2007, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Again,the best price on Conquest scopes...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZelkhunter777

Quick Reply: Ziess Conquest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.