Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 Probably get flamed for this one! >

Probably get flamed for this one!

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Probably get flamed for this one!

Old 02-15-2003, 09:47 AM

Default Probably get flamed for this one!

After reading the " different set ups for 3D and hunting" , I just couldn' t resist . This has been a pet peve of mine for years. When shooting spots, I have watched free stylers draw-hold-let down-draw-hold-let down etc. etc. and hold up the tour. to the point, It took all the fun out. I have only gone to one 3D and low and behold there are the free stylers on a 3D course(whats up with that). Three foot stablizers-scope-v bars and a moified little dove seat to wait at each target. Don' t get me wrong, they are paying their money and have every right to shoot and have fun but get real. How many of these guys or anyone else hunt with all the whistles and bells. I thought 3D was for hunting practice but alas I' m wrong again O.K FLAME AWAY Don, I thought 3d was for hunting practice Armstrong
Old 02-15-2003, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Probably get flamed for this one!

Don, the guys shooting target bows are in the open class. I understand your position. My Cosmic sight would put me in open. Otherwise it' s a hunting setup. I put on a fixed pin sight to shoot Hunter Class. At local shoots I' ve left the Cosmic on and shot from 35yds, and not turned in my score. I look at it as practice, but like to score well in my class. If it' s allowable, people will use it. If you shoot your hunting bow from the 35 yd stakes, it will be good practice. Remember, you still have to judge the yardage and make the shot, often with many people watching. The pressure alone makes for good practice, IMO. I say let ' em shoot what they want. I' ll shoot what I want.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:13 AM

I agree whole heartly pdq 5oh but can' t get over the site of someone trying to go to my tree stand with that setup. They would have to shoot instinctive when they got there as the long stablizer and scope would be hanging in the brush somewhere. Boy, I wished the weather would change so I could get out and shoot and quit setting around thinking about things like this.[&o] Don
Old 02-15-2003, 12:13 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-15-2003, 12:27 PM

Hey kristen, I must have missed thoes rules. They haven' t been posted at any shoots I' ve been to[]. Don
Old 02-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah , it gets a little annoying at times , but like krisken said , most will let you shoot first. The ones that are really taking their time are shooting from the money stake. If you were shooting for money you' d make sure each shot was your best. Even with all the bells and whistles it' s still good practice!
Old 02-15-2003, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its really all what your into. Most I know that have all the bells & whistles on the courses including magnifying scopes that seem to take up the most time adjusting their settings. Usually have more than 1 bow. They use their bell & whistle bows for tournaments only. It doesn' t bother me if thats what someone wants to do. I personnally shoot the hunter class with the same setup I hunt with. Just for the reason of being the best I can with what I plan to harvest game with. I' ve also had few troubles on the courses with waiting. Most do let you pass if your in a smaller group, and take less time. I don' t mind waiting for others if need be. I find it interesting watching others shoot, and checking out all those gadgets!
Old 02-15-2003, 04:50 PM
Dominant Buck

YUP, find someone who wants to play like you do and join them. It' s the land of EOE and all that. The techies get to play to. Hey, if it weren' t for all those techie types we bowhunters would still be shooting crooked wooden arrows that vary in spine between steel bars and cane poles. They can be exasperating I' m sure if you do it often. Me, I' ve only been to a 3D range about twice in the past 3 years so I' m just there to do my thing. I laugh, joke, whack a tree, make fun of others who whack a tree and have a nice day. I also shot a practice round.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:43 PM

Hey Dave, I got one like that last year but it wasn' t quite as big. Nice dead fall dude. Don
Old 02-15-2003, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

DoninVa, I agree with you 100% Here in NH they don' t let you pass and they (The Holly Ones) are sometime three or four groups together. Club staff never say anything to these guys because of the money they bring it to the club. It' s crazy! My wife and I both backed off of going to 3D shoots for two main reasons. First would be the guys you described on the first post, Second is because of how far they stretch out each target. They say their with in the rules but come on, a sitting fox or groundhog at 45+. The shoots we did go to we stayed within the shooting lanes but not near any stakes. You should have heard the crys that day even though we " donated" there were people upset that we cheating and keeping them from getting a trophy. It' s not about hunting anymore and that' s a shame.

Quick Reply: Probably get flamed for this one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.