Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Hunting Bear and Deer >

PA Hunting Bear and Deer

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Hunting Bear and Deer

Old 03-02-2004, 10:06 AM

Default PA Hunting Bear and Deer

Hello all, I live in NorthWest New Jersey, across the river from Easton, PA. I'm looking for a nice black bear and Whitetail deer hunting area in North Eastern PA. Where I can hunt this coming Fall. If anyone has or knows of a public or privet land as well as a hunting partner.please let me know. E-Mail me at [email protected]
Old 03-21-2004, 07:27 PM

Default RE: PA Hunting Bear and Deer

Dont you think if someone had a good hunting spot that they really would not wanna give it out to a stranger?
Old 03-22-2004, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mysic, I'm not familiar with NE PA at all, but I do know they have an extended bear season somewhere out there that runs concurrent with the first week of rifle season. Appearently there is an overabundance of bears with plenty of nuisance complaints every year. Pike county comes to mind, but I could be wrong. As for deer.....I got nothing on the NE, good luck either way.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:06 AM

Mystic, Any of the game lands in Monroe and Pike can put you in some good bear territory. What I would do is look for the swampiest area, nastiest area on the map and then go check a few out. Several trips in the fall outta tell you where the bears are travelling and put you in a reasonable spot. Then it's a matter of a bear coming to you in the three days of bear season or the 1st week of buck in the extended bear season. Not sure if Monroe is included in that extended season, but Pike is and is loaded with bears. Good luck. Juniorpc.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree, Pike would be your best bet for both bear and deer. It will also be good because you should be able to hunt the extended bear season with deer again this year.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:27 AM

Thank You All . It is great to see that there is still great Sportsmen out there. Someone who doesn't mine giving out some good spots, Thank You, Hunters Helping Hunters A wonderful Thing.