Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 hunting deer bear and elk >

hunting deer bear and elk

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

hunting deer bear and elk

Old 08-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default hunting deer bear and elk

what i am wonting is two things i wont to get a ar15 in a high power rifle cal bigger then the 5.56 or .223 something like a 7.62. Second i wont a hunting rifle that is semi auto that i can use on Deer hunting outside indiana bear and elk as i will be travling around and be able to due some out of state hunting. What i need to know is the bushmaster .450 rifle good for hunting all three. I like the ar15 for a hunting rifle as it is semi auto highly accurate and dependable and if i can get one like the 450 that i can hunt al threee with i will.
Also if you do not fill it will do the job liek if it is to big for deer or to small for bear and elk then what would you buy for a all around hunting rifle i am not looking at price as i do not need to right now and i wont the best gun for the job http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/bushmaster450.asp

The Bushmaster .450 – big bore power in an “AR” platform… This powerful cartridge - developed in affiliation with Hornady - is tamed by the AR type gas operating system so that recoil is reduced to a heavy thump, and second shot control is retained. The Cartridge is adapted from a 6.5mm – .284 case with necking cut off to accommodate the 250 Grain Hornady SST Flex Tip .450 caliber bullet. AR type magazine boxes are utilized in the Bushmaster .450, and are fitted with a blue, single stack follower due to the diameter of the cartridge. With bullet velocity of 2200 fps, accuracy out to 200 yards is exceptional with stopping power ample to take any North American large game. The ChroMoly Steel Barrels are rifled 1 turn in 24” and Chrome lined in both Bore and Chamber for exceptional durability and ease of maintenance. Free Floating Aluminum Forends help deliver optimum accuracy – rifle length is vented for cooling. Forged aluminum receivers; A2 pistol grip and solid A2 buttstock with trapdoor storage compartment are standard features. All operating controls are the same as any AR type rifle, and the Bushmaster .450s are shipped with one 5 round magazine, a black web sling, operators safety manual, and orange safety block in a lockable hard plastic carrying case.

Caliber
.450 Bushmaster

Magazine
5 Rounds

Overall Length
38.25 inches

Rifling
1 in 20 inches

Weight without Magazine
8.5 lbs.

Mode of Operation
Gas Operated - Semi Automatic

Old 08-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: hunting deer bear and elk

Check out Accuracy Systems: http://www.ruger-mini-14-firearms.com/index.phpthey do a bunch of different calibers for the AR-15.

If you just want an auto for hunting, I would check out the Benelli R1, I just bought one for my Dad and it shoots awesome!! It is a .270 WSM and if doesn't kick one bit. That rifle is definately my next firearm purchase.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Or, you could just get an AR-10 and get in chambered in .325 WSM or a bunch of other big game rounds.........
Old 08-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

who makes the ar 10 one thing that worrys me with .450 bushmaster is it is a new round that might be costly and i like to shoot and i shoot alot and i am talking about buying ammo by the 1000
Old 08-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Armalite, DPMS, I sure there are others...

Did you check out Accuracy Systems link I posted??
Old 08-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes lookes good i might have to give them a call tomorrow