Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
All PA hunters, urgent >

All PA hunters, urgent

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

All PA hunters, urgent

Old 10-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Bronko,
This wouldn't change the typical monday opener would it?
-Jake
Old 10-26-2011, 05:04 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
The argument my legislature stated (Masser) is that if it is passed, land owners will close their land to hunting. Why not have the PGC supply these landowners with signs that state "No Sunday Hunting - Hunting by Premission only" or something similar?
Another fallacy put out by those who are anti Sunday Hunting. The reason many open their land for hunting is deer damage on their land. Closing it to hunting would increase not only the damage tot heir property but to surrounding properties as well. There would be very few landowners who would do this and the fact that the ANTI's say that a lot of land will be closed can not be proven. Most owners must give written permission to hunters and all they would have to do is put "No hunting on Sunday is permitted on this property" End of problem.

Again a very unprovable statement by your representative. Tells you both where he stands and how much research he has done on the issue.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Would you advocate having a Tuesday or Wednesday for a non hunting day for the same purpose?

Also why does it not seem to be a problem in 44 other states?

Just as I thougt. When the Anti Sudnay hunters talk a day of rest and they are offered any other day but Sunday they clam up and run. Why because it is not a true day of rest issue but a religious connotation of a day of rest. And that is unconstitutional.

Also they can not explain why it is not a problem in any of the other 44 states that have Sunday hunting.

Again all objections to not hunting on Sunday hunting do not stand up to close scrutiny or informed discussion. Not a one.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Would you advocate having a Tuesday or Wednesday for a non hunting day for the same purpose?

Also why does it not seem to be a problem in 44 other states?
I live in PA. The hunting pressure in eastern PA is tremendous as, there are relatively few places to hunt in reasonable proximity to where most hunters live (suburbia).

As to "Tuesday or Wednesday", fine!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Just as I thougt. When the Anti Sudnay hunters talk a day of rest and they are offered any other day but Sunday they clam up and run. Why because it is not a true day of rest issue but a religious connotation of a day of rest. And that is unconstitutional.

Also they can not explain why it is not a problem in any of the other 44 states that have Sunday hunting.

Again all objections to not hunting on Sunday hunting do not stand up to close scrutiny or informed discussion. Not a one.
I hope you are not referring to me. I can assure you that, there is no religious aspect to my position at all.

What I said,
Was what I meant!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Big Bullets
I live in PA. The hunting pressure in eastern PA is tremendous as, there are relatively few places to hunt in reasonable proximity to where most hunters live (suburbia).

As to "Tuesday or Wednesday", fine!
So we should caterer to the minority of the people to who live in a up scale equivalent of a trailer park? No, thank you. I work with a guy that can go out only on wednesday's during archery because he has to pick up his daughter the rest of the week and if he's VERY lucky he can go out saturday, he's excited to hunt sunday if would pass.

As far as day of rest for the animals is the dumbest thing i've ever heard, in states that have bobcats, wolves, cougars, coyotes or bears do you think those animals don't hunt because it's sunday. I don't think they care what day it is, let's us not forget that these animal have been on this planet for 1000's of years and was hunted everyday of week. It's was only humans that come up with this rule. I think it drives it home when deer & deer hunting mags says it's dumb and i'll take there advise anyday of week and over any regular joes' opinion.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Would this change the typical monday opener? Does anyone know?
-Jake
Old 10-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Would this change the typical monday opener? Does anyone know?
-Jake
From what i've heard, No change to the 1st day
Old 10-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Spike

Thanks for the heads up. I have contacted several legislators to OPPOSE this, and have encouraged other hunters to do the same. All this is, is another gameless commission charade, step "E" of the progressive deer eradication plan. And that is ALL that this is about.

I also happen to think other folks have very legitimate complaints, but as a hunter, the biggest problem has been found to be LACK OF GAME in the lapsed hunter survey. Adding more nonwork/nonschool days to an already long season with waaaaay too many tags is not the way to fix the problem. Firings at pgc IS.

Last edited by buckster55; 10-28-2011 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Added emphasis on "is"....
Old 10-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by buckster55
Thanks for the heads up. I have contacted several legislators to OPPOSE this, and have encouraged other hunters to do the same. All this is, is another gameless commission charade, step "E" of the progressive deer eradication plan. And that is ALL that this is about.

I also happen to think other folks have very legitimate complaints, but as a hunter, the biggest problem has been found to be LACK OF GAME in the lapsed hunter survey. Adding more nonwork/nonschool days to an already long season with waaaaay too many tags is not the way to fix the problem. Firings at pgc IS.
The state makes more money having them animals, then what is the PGC gaining by exterminating the deer? This just insane and not even intelligent and your the first person i've EVER heard say that.

Why would you oppose giving a guy a chance to hunt on what maybe the only two days to hunt (sunday & saturday). What you NEED TO OPPOSE IS the number of doe tags issued in your WMU. Not the chance for a guy to take his kids hunting.

In western Pa, we don't have a lack of game, i don't know who you tells you that, maybe you need to look at the harvest report a little harder, it's always the highest harvest's of the state year after year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.