Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
All PA hunters, urgent >

All PA hunters, urgent

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

All PA hunters, urgent

Old 12-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default Zrabfan 26

You think you can not wipe out the deer? I used to hunt the state land in Maryland called Indian Springs for years. I have not been back in years. Their DNR kept hammering the deer relentlessly with added seasons , extended seasons, added weapons and MORE tags. The last time I hunted there the first day of rifle I heard no shots until around 12:00 and then 3 really fast shots by one guy. That was it for the whole day, and buck and doe were legal. Another Game lands "improved" by the DNR. I noticed that near the end a lot of trails were being built, signs marking what type of trees, and generally the Game lands were becoming more like a park. There were no hunters to protest because they quit hunting there. It was the greedy hunters that ruined the place and it could happen here in Pa. Think about it. There is a lot more money to be made if an area is run like a park as opposed to a wild area. I see less and less hunters in the bigger wooded areas than I used to.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:58 AM
Fork Horn

So much nail biting and worrying...I remember when all these arguments started in NY when they proposed Sunday hunting, and it's worked out fine there. It will work in PA too.

The solution to having more deer to hunt would be to reduce doe tag allotments. I don't think that is the PGC's agenda though, they still believe there is not enough habitat to support the current deer population.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Bullets
Bronko,

I know many hunters are in favor of Sunday hunting. As I stated previously, in another thread, I cannot support that idea.

I feel that the game need some time to recover from the hunting pressure. I know that there is less hunting all week then there is on Saturday but, I still think they need a day to eat and breed in peace if we are to maintain a healthy number of deer and other game. As it is, deer numbers are down from what I can see in the last few years. Sunday hunting will only make things worse.

LOL!!! Im from Md and just moved to Pa about 3 years ago... My back yard is a 100 acre field with a couple 100 acres of woods... If it muzzleloader, rifle or flintlock there is orange in the tree's!!! These poor deer dont get a break!!!! I've never seen hunting pressure like the pressure on these deer behind my house... All iu can say is "pa hunters are some blood thirsty people"...

Now i know why there are so many people complaining about not seein deer in Pa...

You frigin kill them all!!!